Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got on the forums. . . and now I pose a question.

I am building an AR15. I am building of the long distance / varmint-type variant with a 24" bull barrell, long stock, etc.

Does anybody out there have any good scope recommendations for 100-500 yd target shooting? Obviously money is a consideration factor, but I am looking for best bang for the buck (no pun intended). I have been looking at Barska and Mueller Optics.. both of which seem to be really great scopes for the money. Any good or bad things to say about either of those?

Thanks

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marikhal said:
Are you wanting mil-dots to help out with hold-over, or a scope with a standard reticle?
From what I have seen, I'd rather use a mil-dot scope. It makes adjustments easier. As for the other question of distance, I will prob be doing MOST of my shooting from 100 yds, but I would plan to do some 300 and 500. I was looking at scopes that were variable 6-24x, 8-32x, or even 10-40x. I have seen 10-40 x 50 mil-dot (illuminated) for under $500. That is why I was asking if anybody had anything to say about Barska or Mueller optics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.