Rifle case

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Feral, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Feral

Feral Active Member

I'm looking for online suggestions on a rifle case

Purpose is for transportation to and from locations.

It must be able to fit an AR-15 of at least 16 inch barrel length and optic equipped. Maybe even some magazine slots.

Nothing fancy. Budget is $40.

Hard case or soft. Doesn't matter to me.

Anything you guys have had experience with and that you liked?

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I prefer a soft case, as it fits in tight spaces better.
    Although if you buy a hard shell case made just for CARBINES, not hunting rifles or sniper rifles, it could be short enough to fit in even the most compact vehicle's trunk or back seat.
    Some full-length rifle cases are too long for cars like the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, etc.
    I had a padded carbine bag, made of heavy duty nylon, well padded on the inside, and with 5 or 6 mag (or ammo) pouches on the outside. It was good. I think it cost $50, some 20 years ago. I liked it.

3. Feral

Feral Active Member

Thanks for the information and suggestions guys. I'll make a decision today so it can be in the mail.

Gunsmoker brought up a good point about trunk space as my rifle must fit in my car.

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Buy a Suburban. :lol:

5. Feral

Feral Active Member

Not an SUV kind of guy

Car gets great mileage. Easier to drive cross state for GCO booths.

6. Feral

Feral Active Member

I got the 46 inch Midway USA one. It appears to fit my needs. Thank you Wegahe for the suggestion.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I have gotten a couple from walmart for less than $20 each. Their primary use is a replica 1873 lever and replica Colt Lightning pump, both in .357.

Good quality overall and more in the $40 range on the value scale.

Nemo

8. Feral

Feral Active Member

My Midway case came in today. Definitely made on the cheap end but it'll serve its purpose. It barely fits in my car

Their shipping was surprisingly quick. I chose the longest option (7-10 business days) for free shipping. Instead it arrived today after two business days.

It's not a bad case. Magazine pouches are nice. I wish the inside maybe had tie downs. But I could put some of those in myself I reckon.

9. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

When you go low end you get low end. It doesn't mean they are not good products just not the best out there. As long as the utility is there and it serves the intended use is all that really matters.

10. Feral

Feral Active Member

Yes indeed! I basically just needed something easier to use to lug the rifle and mags around in. It'll do just fine for that.