Richmond Hill WMA

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by gsusnake, Jun 22, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Don't even bother.

What a waste. 100-yard range that looked like it hadn't been picked up in years. No safety officer. So many old cardboard boxes and stuff that I could barely find a place to put my stand.

Stupid people shooting. I asked for a ceasefire when it looked like everyone was reloading, and we all agreed to go cold. I walked out to the backstop to place some clay targets to blow apart with the Mosin and as I was placing them, a woman down at the other end of the firing line unloads her Glock at the target she has set up three feet in front of her.

I, of course, started screaming at her and hit the dirt until she was done firing. Her reasoning for shooting?

"I wasn't shooting at you. The bullets are all hitting the ground a lottle ways behind my target."

I very nicely explained to her the theory of a "ricochet" and asked that she PLEASE try not to shoot me next time I reset my targets.

So we agreed that she was a moron (well, I agreed with myself, I don't really care what she thought) and were shooting just fine. About 15 minutes later I had just shouldered the Mosin to fire when I hear "DON'T SHOOT! I'M DOWNRANGE" with absolutely ZERO prior warning that the range was going cold.

"Downrange" meant 30 feet to my right and three feet in front of the line, but still... it's downrange.

She then proceeded to call me a hypocrite for aiming a weapon while she was past the firing line, and was just very rude and threatened to "call the police" on me.

I asked her to please remember who had actually fired a round at whom this afternoon and to calm down.

Anyway, long story short, she spent the rest of her time at the range bitching about "stupid people who want to shoot her with some illegal rifle."

Morons.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Should have broke out the bayonet. Would have shut her up post-haste.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That or you could have reminded her about the Stand Your Ground law and how pointing a deadly weapon at another individual and then shooting that deadly weapon at/near/around first individual could get second individual a free ride to the morgue and a couple of ventilation holes to make them travel faster.

A not so subtle way of saying "next time you point AND shoot a weapon at me you'll get shot."

4. gsusnake

It was on the rifle, hence her thinking it was "illegal".

I asked her if she had a license to carry her pistol... her response was "I don't need one."

So either she's a LEO, and a dumb one at that, or she's just plain dumb.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I can only hope she sleeps with a loaded Glock under her pillow.

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

GSU,

Sorry you had a bad one at Killkenny, was a weekend right? I've only been there on weekdays, weekends are packed and well you saw. Weekdays you can be there for an hour or two and never see anyone else, I believe the are closed Tuesdays.

7. gsusnake

With an extra-light trigger pull and one in the pipe.