Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to beat the dead thread, hence the new one.

Applied for renewal 17JUN; $35 renewal fee (original was issued in Harris County).

Received phone call that new GWL was ready for pickup at the Probate Court Office on 28JUN. GWL shows issue date of 23JUN.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Did they offer you, or did you ask for a Temporary License when applying for your renewal?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, my original didn't expire until August, so the need for a temp was not an issue. However, I was pleasantly surprised that they handled it as a renewal as opposed to a new application since my original was issued by Harris County.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Yes, I agree........the speed in which you received your renewal is a good thing.

We have had issues with Richmond County Probate not offering Temporary Licenses to those who asked for them, which is why I asked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CntrySngr, I'm glad they are still issuing them quickly! I had just posted in another thread that I had applied on 3/30/2016 and was called to pick it up on 4/08/2016. Good info to know about the temp license!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.