Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday through Friday, 8am to 3pm, go to municipal bldg 530 Greene St, 4th floor, probate court. Pay $75 cash, fill out paperwork, you will give ss#, fingerprint of one finger, then go to 7th floor, marshall's office, for digital fingerprint. Fill out paperwork, you will give ss# again, and all fingers scanned digitally. A receipt is given for application and I was told I'd RECIEVE A CALL within 6 weeks to come and get license; of course I will pass with flying colors. Much better process than ten years ago when I first exercised my rights. I did not argue about ss#; I want my license, not a lawsuit. However, if they ever ask for firearm sn, I will meet them at the courthouse. If they are doing wrong it will come out one day. Also, with the new laws, everyone will pay $75 and everyone will be fingerprinted, even renewals; it's all about the money, not safety! Also, all officials were very friendly and I had no wait; in and out in 20 minutes total!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
spyder1969 said:
I did not argue about ss#; I want my license, not a lawsuit.
ok..... it seems that i am missing something here.........

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Amerikan Gulag
507 Posts
I was asked for my SSN as well and had no issue giving it to them. 14 days (days, not business days) later I had my permit.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
ComaWhite said:
I was asked for my SSN as well and had no issue giving it to them. 14 days (days, not business days) later I had my permit.
When I got mine, in neighboring Columbia County, it only took ten days, and I did not give my SSN.

GeorgiaCarry.org won that case for us, along with many other cases. I'm sure you didn't know that, and I don't fault you for it. Help us spread the word that citizens have a right to that privacy. Watch, as GeorgiaCarry.org wins again and "permits" or "licenses" become no longer necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts