Rialto

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by AzB, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

We're headed to a show at the Rialto, and I just did a quick search to see who owns it.

Georgia State University.

So now I have to be completely unarmed in one of the worst parts of Atlanta because the theatre is owned by a University. It has nothing to do with kids, learning, or any of that other safety nazi crap. Just because the building is owned by the University, I'm not allowed to defend my wife and child from possible violence.

Grumble grumble.

Oh well, I guess I'm getting spoiled because I haven't had to leave my weapon behind in a long time thanks to the efforts of the gco.

And no, I'm not going to lock it in the car because:

a: If I need it, it will be coming or going to the car. Being in the car will do no good.

2. That area, even the parking garages, have a high rate of breakins.

Az

2. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Worst parts huh? :lol: I wouldn't worry too much, plenty of video and Ga State cops around.

3. frankr

frankr Active Member

It's a misdemeanor for one with a GFL under the new law, similar to formerly carrying at a public gathering.

4. Glocker

Glocker New Member

So it's a misdemeanor if one were to get caught, right? :wink:

Is it still a misdemeanor if you don't get caught? :cantsay: :lol:

OP, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable evening with your family. I'm always alarmed at the thought of having to be in downtown Atlanta unarmed.