Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286412,00.html
CHICAGO â€" The Rev. Jesse Jackson was arrested Saturday at a demonstration outside a south suburban gun shop and charged with one count of criminal trespass to property.

Jackson was arrested when he refused to move away from the entrance to Chuck's Gun Shop in Riverdale, police said. He has protested with other community activists outside the shop in recent weeks after a 16-year-old honor student was gunned down on a city bus.

Police said the shooting was gang-related but the teen was not the intended target.

Jackson, who says the gun shop's proximity to Chicago provides gang members and criminals easy access to firearms, has used the protests to call for stricter gun laws.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Catholic priest who oversees a South Side congregation, also was arrested and charged with Jackson.

A message seeking comment from the gun shop was not immediately returned Saturday afternoon.

Two teens have been charged as adults with taking part in the May shooting of Blair Holt, an honor student at Julian High School.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
I wonder if this makes Jesse ineligible to purchase a firearm. 8) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
i'd like to see where those 2 arrested in the shooting purchased their guns from that gun shop, or any other legitimate dealership. i'd also be surprised if JJ doesn't pack himself, he really doesn't give a squat about that kid that was killed it's all about keeping his face in the media lights, he's disgusting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
How did he become a reverend anyways? I think Charles Manson qualifies as more religious than Jesse Jackson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
foshizzle said:
He's a worthless attention whore and got exactly what he wanted.
Exactly what he wanted... his name in the paper and his face on the news!

Bro Jesse can't purchase a handgun because he's been arrested many, many times and convicted at least a couple of times.

But that's OK, he doesn't need to carry a guy; he has bodyguards who do that for him!

What's even more important, he can't carry. Imagine how embarrassed he'd be if a holster put a wrinkle in his $4,000. suit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,306 Posts
As a Catholic, I'm not here to start the Spaghetti Monster debate, but I will write a letter to my own priest as well as the archbishop down here asking what gun control has to do with any of the beliefs of the church. The priest needs to shut his trap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
As a Catholic, I'm not here to start the Spaghetti Monster debate, but I will write a letter to my own priest as well as the archbishop down here asking what gun control has to do with any of the beliefs of the church. The priest needs to shut his trap.
You hear the Holy See issued the ten commandments of driving? That is just about the goofiest thing they could have done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
btw, I don't think anyone wants to start the spaghetti monster debate again :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Rammstein said:
wsweeks2 said:
As a Catholic, I'm not here to start the Spaghetti Monster debate, but I will write a letter to my own priest as well as the archbishop down here asking what gun control has to do with any of the beliefs of the church. The priest needs to shut his trap.
You hear the Holy See issued the ten commandments of driving? That is just about the goofiest thing they could have done.
That's why we prots broke away. That and we don't like indulgences we have to pay for. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
zookeper said:
i'd like to see where those 2 arrested in the shooting purchased their guns from that gun shop, or any other legitimate dealership. i'd also be surprised if JJ doesn't pack himself, he really doesn't give a squat about that kid that was killed it's all about keeping his face in the media lights, he's disgusting.
+1
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,972 Posts
He is claiming the gun shop owner attacked him! :rotfl:

A heated confrontation at a gun-store protest in Illinois left the Rev. Jesse Jackson in handcuffs but saying the shop owner attacked him.
. . .
"He pushed me," Jackson said. "I said, 'You don't have to push me.' He was provoking me, but I wouldn't do it."

Jackson said the encounter was videotaped, but police refused to hear his side of the story even after viewing the footage.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_repo ... _bust.html
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,638 Posts
Why are the po po picking on poor ol' Jessie? It is just mind boggling! :shock:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top