RESTRICTED LE/GOVT ONLY equipment

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GMaduro, Mar 2, 2014.

1. GMaduro

GMaduro New Member

I purchased a used Glock 23 Gen 3 built on 01/2002 from a reputable out-of-state dealer. It came with a Glock (Austria) 13-round magazine labeled:

RESTRICTED
    LE/GOVT ONLY

Should I be worried? I know that 13-round magazines may be owned and used in Georgia. However, I'm not too sure now about the origin of the magazine (and maybe the gun itself) and my status as an owner of a piece of equipment labeled with a generic law enforcement and government tag.

Let me know your thoughts. TIA

2. Camopaintjob

Camopaintjob Silent But Deadly

My understanding is that it's marked that way because it was manufactured between 1994 & 2004, during the assault weapon ban. Perfectly legal to own it now.

3. GMaduro

GMaduro New Member

Thanks for the good info, Camopaintjob, and for answering my q.

4. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

I wouldn't worry about it, and welcome
    to the forum from a fellow Duluthian!

5. CBH

CBH Member

Another Duluth resident here. If you run your new Glock up to Smyrna, the service techs at Glock, Inc. will do a complete physical on it for you, free of charge. Your magazine will be rebuilt or replaced if necessary. If your gun has standard sights and the white dot and outline have turned yellow, they will be replaced. If you have Glock brand NS, less than fifteen years old that are dead, they will be replaced.

I own several Glocks due to their way better than excellent customer service.

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Welcome to GPDO.

It's nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

7. billnchristy

billnchristy New Member

Yup, I have some AR mags marked that way, no biggie.

8. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

Most EOTechs have this roll mark / stamp on them as well, but you can buy them off the shelf at just about any retailer like Academy Sport.