Restore The Constitution Open Carry Rally round III

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by TreeCowboy, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

Restore the Constitution Open Carry Rallies

What: 3rd round of Restore the Constitution open carry rallies

When: October 30th, the Saturday before the elections

Where: Your hometown, in the most visible firearms carry legal location possible (In my case that will be Little Five Points, Atlanta)

Who: You and anyone else ready to get started on some “Second Amendment remediesâ€

Why: 1) To practice gathering together while armed 2) to show friends, foes, and neutrals alike what can be done and to what extent Second Amendment rights can be used and to know where they stand 3) To bring attention to the fact that the Constitution is being violated in multiple ways. It’s one thing to debate online; it’s quite another to speak to the public or the media while carrying a weapon.

On Friday Sep 17 we held a mini RTCR in McDonough. See the coverage on 11Alive news.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.as ... dfeea9e6aa

" They came to the square in McDonough Friday night armed to the teeth with guns and conviction.

They are members of the Restore the Constitution movement and consider themselves staunch defenders of America's living document that guarantees equal rights and liberties for all Americans......."

2. The AmBASSaDEER

The AmBASSaDEER New Member

Anything going on in Marietta. I have yet to OC.

3. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

Not that I know of. You can orginize one and we'll help spread the word. The mini one on the news was just with 2 weeks notice. We had 31 people in attendance + 1 counter protester. His sign said "Thank God for Oboma".

During the Marietta 4th of July Parade my budy and I opened carried while walking with the Ray McBerry float. For the most part I walked right next to Ray the whole time.

We orignally had our AR's slung on our backs with Ray's blessing. But just before the parade started the organizers politly asked us if we would not carry the rifles. Since they were polite about it we complied. They had no problem with us OCing our pistols.

4. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Strap it on and go to any number of locales discussed on this forum. It's not necessary to amass with these folks for your first OC.

5. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Might be best if he didnt either. Ocing is like losing your virginity. Start out slow and work your way up to the technical stuff.

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'll try and be there.

7. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

At the rally we may sell some raw cows milk as civil disobedience.

Family Farm Ordered to Destroy 50,000 Pounds of Cheese

http://randysright.wordpress.com/2010/1 ... destroyed/

Family Farm Ordered to Destroy 50,000 Pounds of Cheese

http://hartkeisonline.com/2010/10/11/fa ... of-cheese/

Reality? Reason?

Nah, We’ve got Regulatory Authority!
    by Guest Blogger, ©Doreen Hannes 2010

Morningland Dairy is the latest attempt by the FDA to fulfill the Healthy People 2020 objective to kill raw dairy. Morningland is owned by Joseph and Denise Dixon, who operate the cheese plant and make raw cheese from cows kept right on the property and managed by one of their eldest daughters. They have 12 children, 4 who still live at home, and they have been actively engaged in real food for decades. They were caught up in the Rawesome Raid dragnet and many believe the questionable California Dept of Food and Agriculture tests on their cheese are the legal justification for the multi-agency guns drawn raid at Rawesome.

My sister has to deal with these kinds of laws on her 2 milk cow home stead.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Sorry,

But after some of the threats against LEOs that he posted here, I'll have nothing to do with a rally organized by Daniel Almond.

9. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

What is a TreeCowboy?

10. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

Do tell, what were the threats? link?

11. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

If a person were to cut the top out of a leaning tree, the trunk rights it self. It's like riding a bucking bronco. (and it can hurt)

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

That's just silly. If you hold onto the top part, it's much calmer*.

*until you hit the ground.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47402

There are several thatwere deleted by the mods/owner of this site. There was one where he posted the names, home addresses and spouses names of officers that were accused of wrongdoing. I can't find it now. The mods may have deleted that part.

Do a sight search on the name "Barelyillegal". If i can find tha manes that he tried to come back under AFTER being banned from the sight, I'll post them for you, there were several of them.

14. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

Agreed, that did sound pretty harsh. But to be fair, what would it take for YOU to defend your self against some form of police officer federal or local? Didn't I read some where that the Suprime court said a person had the right to defend them self against an unlawfull arrest? Up to and including deadly force? I could be wrong.

Where I'd draw the line is tuff to say. When it's happening to me it would be diffrent from when I'm reading of when it happened to some one else.

Sorry. Post hijack.

15. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

Is the rally in L. 5 Points confirmed for today at noon?

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The John Bad Elk case, but it is old law and no longer valid in federal court or a majority of states. Unfortunately, the people who post it on the internet never tell their readers that. Also, even in the minority of states where resistance to unlawful arrest is still legal, being arrested for a law that you believe is unconstitutional is not an unlawful arrest. In addition, being innocent does not make it an unlawful arrest. Moreover, deadly force is permissible in those states only when it would be permissible in self defense outside of the arrest context, although murder charges are generally reduced to manslaughter if the arrest was unlawful but deadly force was unnecessary. This varies according to the state.

Usually, the arrest is lawful, and courts will bend over backwards to find that the arrest is lawful.

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

By the way, John Bad Elk was himself a police officer, and the officer he killed was named John Kills Back. :lol:

18. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Howdy everybody! Had a great time today! I didn't ask anybody about GPDO, but I did talk to a lot of people about GCO. I think I may have got a few people on the street to join today. :D

Here is a video from today's rally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYIAtTo-h14

Enjoy!

19. suttree

suttree New Member

Thanks for posting the video. Any interesting encounters today? There is a APD office right behind you guys, right.

20. seereus

seereus Active Member

I would think the APD was there to keep gun grabbing liberals from running out and trying to confiscate the peace loving Americans firearms.