Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,088 Posts
I'm in shock. Royal ??? Dead??? And he was only in his early 40s and looked healthy and fit?
:shock:

Such a terrible thing, especially for his family. These were supposed to be the best years of his life, watching his young children grow up.

I've been listening to him since he first got hired on the Boortz show. He had a great voice. I loved his translation of the "Boo Got Shot" audio clip, allowing the English-speaking audience to understand the Atlanta ghetto slang of the excited caller.

·
Registered
15,991 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
gunsmoker said:
I loved his translation of the "Boo Got Shot" audio clip, allowing the English-speaking audience to understand the Atlanta ghetto slang of the excited caller.
It's posted on the first page by yrualeg, here is a different clip.

Edit: Once you have watched it, turn on the cc(closed captioning) and watch it again.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
The world lost a good man this morning.

RIP Royal

I feel so bad for his wife and kids. He left a 4 year old and 2 year old daughter behind. :cry:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,955 Posts
I liked him on the Boortz show. Terribly tragic, he was on the young side for this to happen to him. RIP.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Anyone else planning on attending the funeral? My wife and I are going to pay our respects. Neal, Belinda and Royal are very involved with The March of Dimes and my wife worked there for a couple of years so we feel like it's the right thing to do. That and I have been listening to Boortz since I was a teenager.....I kind of feel like one of my buddies is gone. :(

Neal and Belinda did a great job of holding it together yesterday and I really enjoyed hearing them reminisce about Royal.....man, what a hilarious guy he was. :)

·
Registered
15,991 Posts
For those that don't know it was a massive unexpected heart attack from what they are saying on the show. Scary.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,955 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
For those that don't know it was a massive unexpected heart attack from what they are saying on the show. Scary.
I had a really great baseball coach die this exact same way when I was 11 years old during the All-star Little League Season.

Was out playing catch with his son about 7 PM after dinner, Brett, my good friend at the time, and after catch, he went upstairs to hop in the shower, he took his shirt off and was dead before he hit the floor. His wife 3 feet away. Massive heart attack. The doctors said it literally exploded.

His wife is a nurse, she worked on him and she said he was dead so quick it was shocking how fast it happened. He was 44 years old. Way too young.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I was so sorry to hear about Royal. He was also one of my favorite parts of the Boortz show. They're running a fund raiser for his kids' educations.

It's scary how fast you can go from fine to dead. My wife's in health care and she's told me stories about how quickly someone can just...die. There's a reason why med personnel use the term 'crashing'.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.