Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Resident: Home Invaders Posed As Cable Crew

953 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mountainpass 
#1 ·
ROCKDALE COUNTY, Ga. -- A Rockdale County homeowner said three gunman broke into his home and frightened him, his pregnant wife and four other children.

"It was scary. Very scary," the homeowner told Channel 2's Tom Jones. He asked Channel 2 not to reveal his identity.

The homeowner believes one of the men is the same person who came to his home the day before the robbery and claimed to work for Comcast.

"We're coming to pick up boxes for Comcast. That's what he said," the homeowner said. They didn't open the door.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26781292/detail.html
The guy tried but failed to prevent the invaders from getting in by holding the door. He may have found more success in helping change the mind of his attackers if he had a twelve gauge to do his talking.

Luckily for him no harm befell the home owner's wife or children. I don't know how some men can live with simply hoping no one ever comes to harm their loved ones.

#6 ·
Wonder if the guy was targeted (maybe a jeweler, or some other profession where you might have lots of cash on hand).

I think the robbers obviously targeted him if they came by twice, thought he had a safe, and the guy had surveillance cameras inside the house (I know people who have outdoor or porch cameras), but I imagine indoor surveillance is less common.

#7 ·
AV8R said:
moga said:
I don't know how some men can live with simply hoping no one ever comes to harm their loved ones.
You and me, both.
Me three.

Since this is so close to us, I'll have to warn my wife and family about this one. Good thing my wife is just as paranoid as I am, and probably wouldn't answer the door anyway.

We now have a rule in the house to not open the door for anyone that we do not know, because of a previous event that happened to us. If we are not expecting you and we do not know you, the door will not be opened. Its simple as that.

Its really horrible this happened to them, and they were extremely luck to not be harmed, raped, assaulted, murdered, ect.

Its a shame this man did not take it upon himself to be able to protect his family. Maybe now he will take the steps needed to be able to protect his family. This is just a reminder that there are bad people out there, and some of them are very close by.

#8 ·
I wonder if this incident is related: http://www.rockdalenews.com/section/1/article/5457/

A Conyers woman and her daughter were held at gun point as two men tried to rob her house on Jan. 28.

The 36-year old victim was sitting in her room as her daughter was playing on the laptop around midnight. She dozed off before waking up to the sound of someone running up the stairs.
One of the suspects "demanded to know where the money was." The victim said she didn't have any money and that they could search the house.

The gun-wielding men than asked where was her man and she replied she did not know.

The suspects then held guns to her and her daughter's head and told them to keep their faces down. They then tied their hands behind their backs.

#9 ·
moga said:
ROCKDALE COUNTY, Ga. -- A Rockdale County homeowner said three gunman broke into his home and frightened him, his pregnant wife and four other children.

"It was scary. Very scary," the homeowner told Channel 2's Tom Jones. He asked Channel 2 not to reveal his identity.

The homeowner believes one of the men is the same person who came to his home the day before the robbery and claimed to work for Comcast.

"We're coming to pick up boxes for Comcast. That's what he said," the homeowner said. They didn't open the door.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26781292/detail.html
The guy tried but failed to prevent the invaders from getting in by holding the door. He may have found more success in helping change the mind of his attackers if he had a twelve gauge to do his talking.

Luckily for him no harm befell the home owner's wife or children. I don't know how some men can live with simply hoping no one ever comes to harm their loved ones.
+1,000,000 - Exactly! There are two simple reasons why there should be zero gun control debate:

1. Real men who want to protect their wives and children will be armed, no question about it.

2. Women who have children should all have the fierce instinct to protect them, and common sense tells them that a broom, kitchen knife, or frying pan are not usually effective against gun toting rapists and murders who break into their homes.

#10 ·
#12 ·
#13 ·
Here is another version of the story in the OP : http://www.rockdalenews.com/section/1/article/5427/

Deputies are on the search for at least three suspects that held a family of six, including a pregnant woman, hostage on Thursday night on Crest Valley Drive near Ga. Highway 212.
The victims inside the bathroom were reportedly uninjured. The suspects had reportedly threatened to harm them when they were unable to produce money and had kicked the husband in the face. At least two of the suspects were reportedly armed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.