Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this at my work mail. Maybe someone here can help. If I didn't have 3 large dogs in a townhouse, I would adopt one.

Scott rescued 6 black lab (mix) puppies out of the middle
of the road on Saturday. PLEASE help me find them homes -
otherwise, it's Animal Control - which means they only have
5 days. We've bathed them, sprayed them for fleas and wormed
them....but we can't keep them. They are currently in a
kennel in my basement since I don't have a fence. I've lost count
of the number of rescue groups that I've contacted, only to be
turned down due to no room. Please check with every dog
person you know to see if they need a puppy.
Thanks,
Christi

If you know of anyone that might be interested, have them contact Anne
at [email protected] - or - 404-219-4064

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they are in Dunwoody.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Man, I soooooo want one of those little guys. The wife would kill me though. I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone who would adopt one.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wow 6 dogs - thats quite a pack!
what kind?

I love to hear when people adopt

my 2 were adopted and if I could I'd adopt more.

thorsen - go for it! they're only little

Adam5 said:
Sorry, my wife and I adopted dog #6 a week and a half ago. We are out of room. :cry:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
Jack Russel (short hair) , female, 22lbs, 6yrs
Jack Russel (wire hair) 14lbs (thinks he's Neapoleon), male, 4 years
Bisengi (sp)/Rat Terrier mix 23lbs, female, about 1 1/2yrs
Plott Hound 65lbs, male, 2 years
Lab mix 90lbs, male 5yrs
Catahoula Leapard Dog/Hound mix, male, approx 20lbs, 8weeks

We bought the oldest from a breeder in Cleveland, GA and adopted the rest. My wufe claims that the 1st puppy was a "baby test". That she didn't kill it and it didn't run away, we have have a baby. Now 6 years later, no baby, six dogs.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Adam5 said:
Bisengi (sp)/Rat Terrier mix 23lbs, female, about 1 1/2yrs.....
We also have a Basenji/Dachshund mix that we adopted about 2 yrs ago as well as a Hound mix that we adopted 1 1/2 years ago. Both female and spayed.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Thorsen said:
Man, I soooooo want one of those little guys. The wife would kill me though. I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone who would adopt one.
Tell her its a new dog or a new gun. She picks. :D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A gundog ;)

GunNut said:
Thorsen said:
Tell her its a new dog or a new gun. She picks. :D
Adam you do have a good mix of pups!

they're fun, don't need college money, don't need a car, unconditional love, don't don't back.. my babies now are my dogs

and I had my son at a young age & would do it again in a min

6 pups? maybe thats a sign you're going to have 6 kids?? hehe

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
The biggest problems we have are 50lbs of dog food every 2-3 weeks, and the fact that we are running out of room on our bed.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Adam5 said:
The biggest problems we have are 50lbs of dog food every 2-3 weeks, and the fact that we are running out of room on our bed.
When we got into puppy raising for Canine Companions for Independence it was to be a baby test too. It was also a general dog test to see if we were "dog people". Neither of us had ever had dogs growing up. We figured with this type of program, if we weren't "dog people" we got to give it back. No harm, no foul.

Our first went on to graduate as a hearing dog and now lives in New Jersey with her new "person". I think the day I turned her back in was the saddest of my life. The day she graduated was one of the best. Our second dropped out after about 3 months of advanced training. We adopted him and he now lives on my couch/bed. Between me, the communist, and the 95 lb lab/golden cross, we fill a King sized bed. Not that we require that much room, just that both the commie and the dog like to use me as a pillow. We are all three in one big pile hanging off the edge.

We must be "kid people" and "dog people" as we now have both.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have 3 rescue puppies in the house. The catahula/aussie mix is 60 pounds, still a young pup. The German Shepherd/Chow mix is probably over 70 pounds. He is mellowing out at his old age of 7. The Border collie/lab mix which looks like could be the mother for the puppies mentioned in this thread is 40 pounds at 6 years old and slowly going blind.

They are our kids. We are not planning on having any human kids for a few more years and they will do fine for the time being.

I learned a while back to not let the pups get used to being on the bed. The only one that didn't work with was the terrier puppy my ex-wife now has.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Are you sure these dogs are in Dunwoody? I saw a post on this BBS that reads the dogs are perhaps in PA?

:-k

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A friend of mine got the same email sent thru her office and she's in CT LOL
said the dogs were in CT

Boy Racer said:
Are you sure these dogs are in Dunwoody? I saw a post on this BBS that reads the dogs are perhaps in PA?

:-k

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/puppies.asp#update
I was actually looking for that snopes link. I was on that page but didn't scroll down any further when I saw the other (first) picture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts