Republicans may consider ban.

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by GAGunOwner, Oct 4, 2017.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

"Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga., originally thought bump stocks were illegal. When a reporter told him that they are currently legal, he responded: “I’d look at (Feinstein’s bill), for sure.”

“You can’t buy a chain-fed machine gun in the United States today," he said. "There’s a reason for that, and I’d want to make sure that nobody has access to that, if that’s the law of the land."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...n-bump-stocks-after-vegas-shooting/731611001/

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Rino's these days are just as bad as the Democrats.

3. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

They were never any different except for their brand.

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Add the "bump stop" ban to the SHARE act.

5. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I see a lot of new faces in congress if they start grabbing at guns.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I recently carried openly at my local Kroger. Only after I got out of the car did I realize I might get more scrutiny because people may be on edge due to the Vegas massacre.

I got a high-five from the young lady bagging my groceries. People want to know that others are around that can help defend them, and more and more they don't care if that help wears a badge or not.

So Republicans who do a turn-coat maneuver had better beware the ballot box.

7. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

I have been amazed all along that the bump-fire stocks passed ATF scrutiny... not saying that I think they should be banned... just a little surprised they were allowed. They always struck my as an unreliable range toy. Every one I've ever seen used failed to run a 30 rd mag without issues of some sort.

8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

ATF has to follow the laws passed by Congress.
    The National Firearms Act has its own definition of machinegun, and the “...per single function of the trigger†language came at the NRA’s suggestion back in 1934.
    So, it should take an act of Congress, not some unaccountable federal agency, to expand that definition to bumpfire stocks.
    I don’t think ATF had the authority to ban (classify as a post-1986 MG conversion part) the spring-assisted bumpfire stock called the Akins Accellerator (but ATF did ban it).

If a properly drafted bill puts bumpfire stocks, and binary (two shot) triggers, and similar devices like the Hellfire or Tri-Burst trigger devices into the NFA like machine guns, I won’t be too upset.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I’m OK with the feds classifying it as a duck and making me use nontoxic steel shot on it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  9. 00Dan

00Dan Member

Wishful thinking but this could be an opportunity to attack 922(o). We offer an expanded machinegun definition in exchange for reopening the registry. Could sell it as a registration drive to the masses.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Careful there, Davey boy. You're up again in 2020.

Where do these "public servants" get their information from?

We're responsible for our own and our loved ones lives. Nobody else is. If others take offense to that because they refuse to do the same, that's not our problem. And I don't lose sleep over it.

Geez. Just bend waaay over and let them have their way with you already. This is how we lose our rights by giving in one small piece after another.

Un-$#*&ing-believable.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  11. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

If you want to ban bump stocks, hellfire triggers, or any other devices that increase the rate of fire for a semi auto, then be consistent and push for a ban on rubber bands, thumbs and belt loops, hell make it a crime just to hold the rifle in a position other than to your shoulder. Unless you're this guy and can bump a semi auto from the shoulder with just his index finder. But I guess we need to consider banning index fingers as well now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY[/ame]

12. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

It's bump fire stocks this time. Next time, it will be something else. Legislation that chases the latest mass shooting tool is madness. It makes zero sense. And it will not prevent the next massacre. If not bump stocks, it will be regular semi auto rifles in .223 or .308. Then, take those guns, next it will be lever action 30-30s. Then take those guns, next it will be .22 rimfire 10/22s. Take all guns. Next it will be trucks, fertilizer bombs, machetes, and so on. And guess what? You can't and won't take all the guns or even all the bump fire stocks. Look at France, their gun laws are Diane Feinstein's wet dream. But France, as we know, has had worse mass killing incidents.

We must place personal blame and individual responsibility for any heinous act on the evil POS who did it. We must NOT punish law abiding gun owners, who have one or 30 guns that have never harmed anyone and never will.

13. Rail

Rail Member

I'd be fine with it in exchange for repealing the Hughes Amendment. That's the whole reason all these things work-arounds were invented.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I will, but I am already upset at 18 USC 922(o).

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168672

. . . the powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared to any possible army must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are these militia? Are they not ourselves. Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. What clause in the state or federal constitution hath given away that important right.... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    (February 20, 1788)

It would be worth clicking on the link just to see who congratulated Coxe on his article, which "placed the subject in its true light." To my knowledge there was NO opposition from any American, federalist, antifederalist, or other, to Cox's position.

15. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

This 100 times over.

I don't think he understands exactly what a bump stock is and how it actually operates.

As for Bump Stocks and the Vegas Shooting, that guy must have been an absolute expert at bump stock operation as I've never seen anyone run that many rounds consistently with a bump stock.

16. Malum Prohibitum

ICPJuggalo, excellent post #11.

The ignorant leading the blind.

I am guessing most of these people do not know that you can bump fire without a special stock of any kind.

I would like to take Sen. Perdue to the range, hand him an AR with a bump fire stock, show him how to flip off the safety, and have him spray at 3 human sized targets 400 yards away. Heck, make it 100. Then, when his mag is finally empty (probably mostly one shot at a time) let's walk him down to the targets and see how many hits.

Then demonstrate bump firing without a special stock.

Then take careful aim from a firm should mount and, using regular semi-auto, proceed to show him how rapidly you can eat up those targets one shot at a time.

Then ask him for his position on "banning" this, that, or the other thing.

Does anybody know the Senator well enough to arrange this? Do we still have influential persons using this web site, or have they all been run off by us rude, nit-picking internet know it all commandos who remain?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  17. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Any proposed stock ban resulting from this shooting must be fought vigorously. The next time it will be bipods, the next, vertical forgrips. Don't you see the end game? Do not be an apologist for your political enemies. You are only helping them defeat you and your freedoms.

18. Malum Prohibitum

19. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Funny how Ryan finds the time to consider this gun bill. Also, it's going to be like Confederate statues after Charlottesville, some of them will be tripping over each other to get to the front of the pc line.

20. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think she carries a stock of them with her. We probably could have read it weeks ago.