Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[quote:18vbxnex]The House Republicans’ first major technology initiative is about to be unveiled: a push to force Internet companies to keep track of what their users are doing.

A House panel chaired by Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin is scheduled to hold a hearing tomorrow morning to discuss forcing Internet providers, and perhaps Web companies as well, to store records of their users’ activities for later review by police.
Good grief. Bad move. Don’t do it.[/quote:18vbxnex]

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/114097/

These Republicans just don't get it. Stop it with the Police State business. The Patriot Act was enough!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I'm going to wait and see if it gets into committee before I brand the entire party. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can draft a bill. Doesn't mean it'll get any support. I mean it wouldn't exactly surprise me if it did. I am simply waiting to see if GOP plays its cards "right" for 2012.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Sensenbrenner's view on the Second Amendment
Hunting and the great outdoors are enjoyed by many Wisconsinites. All law-abiding citizens should have their Second Amendment right to "keep and bear arms†honored. I remain committed to supporting legislation that ensures the long term health and vitality of our public lands, so that Wisconsinites will be able to continue to enjoy their Second Amendment rights and the many outdoor sports that make Wisconsin great.
Gee, who knew? The Second Amendment was written to protect the 'right to outdoor sports' and wasn't a protection against the government.

In the interest of fairness... I think it should be pointed out that it is one individual, not the party.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts