Reports So Far

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

is Va is screwed. Dems take House and Senate with Northam in the govs office.

Hope I don't become a felon when they try to outlaw what they call assault rifles and magazines over 10 rounds.

Nemo

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

South Georgia awaits your return, Nemo!

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What is VCDL's strategy?
    Why? Georgia is headed the same direction. It is just a matter of time.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ginia-elections-legislature-results-democrats

Another huge issue that has come up both in Aird’s community as well as around the state is the issue of gun violence. In June, Northam called a special legislative session to address gun violence after a mass shooting in Virginia Beach claimed the lives of 12 people. Ultimately, the session didn’t yield any progress; Republicans adjourned it after just 90 minutes, without taking up a single bill. Now that his party controls the legislature, Northam may be encouraged to try again.

Democrats statewide are also eyeing a laundry list of other priorities that have been blocked by Republicans in the past, including raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour and passing a state Equal Rights Amendment that would give civil rights protections to LGBTQ individuals.

Tuesday’s election just paved the way for some of those ideas to potentially become law.​

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Next midterm should put us there. Virginia should be on equal footing with California by that time.

5. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Active Member

I'm looking for property in New Zealand.

On a serious note, I don't think the backlash will be as disastrous as most seem to think....
    Or living the gangster life might be an up and coming trend.

But, I have already made preparations....... Its what I do.

Didn't Bloomberg just drop $700K into the dems fund recently?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The democrats have majorities in both chambers and occupy the Governor's Mansion.

That does not mean, however, that they have majorities in both houses willing to pass a gun ban of any kind.

Has anybody done an analysis of the votes for and against such a proposal? Which groups are savvy enough to work closely with Democrats who will oppose such a measure?

This is the time when groups that stomp their feet and call democrats names do something bad - they lose. (As if that was ever a good strategy).

Is anybody in Virginia sophisticated enough to get the elected politicians to hold the line?

7. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

You may not qualify.
    I looked into it a few weeks ago. I'm to old. Even with that I could be considered were I to invest monetarily in the countries future. The gift ranged from 10 million to 1.5 million.

8. Nemo

Yes. Its a bunch of folks who call themselves VCDL.

Nemo

Baba Yaga likes this.
  9. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Oye, oye, oye. Scary times we are living in. Gotta love the power of the Super PACs, eh?

The threat is very, VERY real. I live in the outskirts of OKC, the very heartland of America. My US representative is a democrat. This seat was held by a Republican since 1975 but only because the incumbent changed parties. Prior to that, it was a Republican seat since 1931. If it can happen here, it sure as hell can happen anywhere.

Baba Yaga likes this.
  10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

11. Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga Active Member

Tongue in cheek humor as if I would move there now with all the confiscation going on.

1.5 to 10 million. Sure I'm in.

Well they also said Georgia was a blue state for so very long. Then times change.

Remember, two way streets accommodate both sides. I know plenty of Dems that carry guns. And they stomp their feet just as prominently. Getting both sides to talk might be harder than anyone can imagine right now.

12. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

These authors seem to think the Republicans did not show up for the election.
    " However, the Virginia Republican Party failed to field viable candidates, use the political resources available to them, or articulate any sort of stance on electoral issues. Democrats did not win Virginia, nor did a massive turn in national sentiment doom the Republican Party; the Virginia State GOP ruined its own chances."
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/11/the_real_reasons_republicans_lost_virginia.html

13. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I think they are in bed with them anyways

14. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I'm sure none of VA's problems stem from the fact that NOVA is a bedroom community for the ever expanding bureaucracy in DC. Gee, I wonder what their politics might be?

15. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Those of us in Georgia better be taking notes. Our time is coming. Only 50,000 or so votes separated us from a fine mess in the Governors Mansion.

16. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I don't believe that just because the commies dems control the senate, house and governorship, gun control should be a foregone conclusion. Northam may not have the numbers to pass the legislation he wants. Stranger things have happened.

17. Nemo

Yes you should be noting in detail.

Grace of god and the Creek don't rise, he will not succeed.

But if he does it will not occur without one helluva battle to stop it. But then the Creek just may rise.

Nemo