Report of gunman forces apartment evacuations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

This has to be one of the biggest examples of crappy A$$ reporting I have seen in a while.

Gary Taylor | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted March 12, 2007, 8:31 AM EDT
    Residents of nine apartments on Morrey Loop in the Highlands subdivision of Winter Springs were evacuated from their residences for about four hours Sunday night because police received a call that a man armed with a rifle was threatening suicide.

When officers entered the man's apartment, it was vacant, Winter Springs Police Capt. Mike Noland said.

Residents were allowed to return to their apartments about 11:30 p.m.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Must you leave your apartment or is it voluntary?

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

dunno, it was in the paper for Orlando, FL. I would think they couldnt force you out in this situation.

This is how I see it actually happening.

Man cleans rifle to go shoot at range, whatever. Nosy a$$ neighbor across from him, who is also a pervert with binoculars, sees him, instead of naked girl, cleaning the barrel. Calls police to say a man with rifle, which is really a shotgun, is gonna shoot himself. Resident returns home carrying rifle after a nice day at the range, to a broken down door and police everywhere.

Just a scenario............. But I am sure has happened.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Instead of crappy ass reporting, it sounds more like crappy ass police work...

I, for one, probably would choose not evacuate.

It depends upon what's on TV at the time. No way I'm missing "Wheel of Fortune"...!!!

Hopefully, no one really believe that!

Not the refusal to evacuate; the part about watching WOF... How old is Vanna anyway? I'm guessing at least 50!

I suppose the cops can force you out. What about that? Anyone know what happens if some hard-headed stubborn old fart decides not to go along quietly?

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I watched the Price is Right this morning.

6. maddog

maddog Guest

I'd be stubborn enough to tell them to take 2 asprin and call me in the morning, but make sure it's after I wake up.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I would stay at my own risk. I doubt they can force me to leave. If they want to come past a locked door just to make me stand outside for 4 hours they can go ahead. I wouldn't shoot them or anything but I certainly wouldn't walk out voluntarily.

Now if there was a noxious cloud of chlorine gas coming down the street... yeah, I would haul ass. Guy threatening suicide? Back to sleep.

8. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

Uh if I went outside I would be so pi$$ed off I would encourage the stupid dude to $hit or get off the pot so I could go about my business. shoot or don't shoot, really doesn't matter to me just get on with it either way

9. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Agreed. I don't understand why a couple of times every year traffic is stopped somewhere around Atlanta for hours because some knuckle head is threatening to jump off of a bridge. If they meant it, they would just do it instead of making a spectacle of themselves.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

The easiest way to gettraffic miving durring one of those incindents is to push!!

11. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

The FD just needs to get one of those big unflatable bags that the stunt people use to break falls. Stop traffic, blow up the bag, and remove the guy. :twisted:

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Can I volunteer to push? :twisted:

13. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Push?

Hey, that's why God gave us tasers!

Instead of a nice, quiet taser, maybe if the bag is inflated and someone starts toward the a$$wipe with one of those noisy shocker thingies they sell at gun shows....

That would be worth breaking into Wheel of Fortune for a "LIVE" report.