1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
That is crazy

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Now, once Georgia residents are 65, there is no cost for licenses. But federal grant funds are apportioned based on a formula that includes paid licenses. Georgia could increase federal grant funds by $3 to $5 million a year if it charged a nominal lifetime fee of $55 for senior licenses. Another option would be a $5 annual license fee.
How about a $1 lifetime fee at age 65 instead?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
The King's deer

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about a $1 lifetime fee at age 65 instead?
I've asked that before and the answer was that a $1 license would not be considered a "paid" license per the fed rules and it has to be higher in order to qualify for the additional Pittman-Robertson funds. The simple solution is to offer the low cost senior lifetime license a few years earlier so that it would be purchased with money that would have been spent on a few years of additional annual licenses anyway.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
385 Posts
Let's say this passes...would there be a period where I'd be able to buy a lifetime license at the old price before the new one takes effect, or should I jump on it now?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's say this passes...would there be a period where I'd be able to buy a lifetime license at the old price before the new one takes effect, or should I jump on it now?
I bet it passes and would most likely become law on July 1.

·
Registered
385 Posts
So I'd have until July to purchase one at $500 before it goes to $750? Sorry for the dumb question, i just want to be sure.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I'd have until July to purchase one at $500 before it goes to $750? Sorry for the dumb question, i just want to be sure.
Well I may be wrong on it passing and the date it could become law. If it's something you want I would go ahead and try to get one before the legislature ends. Or at least watch the bill to see if it passes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.