Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

441 - 460 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
They carefully considered the facts and decided that they didn't want to be called racist.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
If facts and logic don't matter,
and only "feelings" matter,
then I want the legislature to explicitly forbid
the State DNR (Dep't of Natural Resources) from ever, in the future, issuing whites hunting licenses for nee-grows.
Currently there is NOTHING in the o.c.g.a. law that forecloses this possibility, should a Trump puppet get elected Governor next term.

·
Swollen Member
11,936 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,488 Posts
A woman was raped in the Kroger here in broad daylight (6:30pm). This is a very busy Kroger on Ogeechee Rd.(Hwy 17) that's in a decent area. The suspect afterwards was chased by citizens and held until police arrived in the parking lot for the new ACE hardware which is a fair distance on foot from the Kroger.

According to police, witnesses told police they heard the woman and several people in the store chased the suspect as he attempted to run from the scene. The suspect was restrained by people in the shopping plaza until police arrived.
Things like this are exactly the reason why the Citizens Arrest law was in place. Has Kemp signed the repeal into law yet. If so, there's several new criminals made because of chasing and detaining this disgusting individual.

One of the witnesses said he was going to Kroger to buy steaks to grill for dinner when he heard a scream from the front of the store.

Damien Austin says his military training took over as he rushed to help.

“When I got to the front of the store, looked over towards the bathroom I saw people pointing and then I just heard someone behind me say, ‘He raped that girl in the bathroom’ and when I heard that I just zoned out,” Austin said.

Unlike most, Austin is use to responding in difficult times being a Marine, security guard and more. He knew as he was shopping with his wife he had to act and pursued the suspect who was running from the store behind a delivery truck.

“When I saw him come from around the back of the truck, he came from around the back of the truck, he locked eyes with me and I looked at him and I said, ‘give it up brother because I’m not,’” Austin said.
Sure enough, he didn’t. Austin, with help from others, was able to get the suspect to the ground and says they zip tied him until police arrived.
The Chatham County Police chief says he is grateful for their help.

“I just can’t commend them enough for involving themselves in a dangerous situation obviously, so this person could be held accountable and we could make an arrest so there wasn’t any further danger to the community,” Chief Jeff Hadley said.
Is the police chief commending and thanking all these new criminals?

·
Professional Troll
2,151 Posts
Governor Kemp has indicated he plans to sign HB479 into law today.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Yesterday for the first time in a long time the Twins, The Boss and I got together under the shade of a giant oak tree and grilled Hamburgers and stuff. Had a great time. One of the twins just bought several acres of land on Brier Creek outside of Sardis, Ga. It's an isolated part of the state. The topic of crooks came up and what to do with them if one were caught burglarizing or other crimes on the new Brier Creek home site. Twin says I'll just hold them to the sheriff gets there. I say in that case sheriff is going to take you to jail on a felony charge and ask the crook if he needs a ride home. Twin who like millions of other Georgians who have not kept up with the actions of our divined leader and his politburo was shocked to learn about HB479. It's going to be fun to see how this mess works out in the coming months.

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
And the citizen arrest law is now history.
ATLANTA - Gov. Brian Kemp on Monday signed a repeal of Georgia’s Civil War-era citizen’s arrest law, a year after the fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man pursued by white men who said they suspected him of a crime.

·
Registered
14,557 Posts
The topic of crooks came up and what to do with them if one were caught burglarizing or other crimes on the new Brier Creek home site. Twin says I'll just hold them to the sheriff gets there. I say in that case sheriff is going to take you to jail on a felony charge and ask the crook if he needs a ride home. Twin who like millions of other Georgians who have not kept up with the actions of our divined leader and his politburo was shocked to learn about HB479. It's going to be fun to see how this mess works out in the coming months.
How about criminals in general?

·
PITA
292 Posts
HB 479 has provisions for security guards.
Yep. And what about this part?:

96 (c) A private person who detains an individual under this Code section shall either release said individual or, within a reasonable time, contact the law enforcement unit with appropriate jurisdiction. An individual detained by a private person under this Code section who is not released shall be surrendered to a law enforcement officer together with any personal belongings removed from such individual

At first, I was quite pissed to learn that this became law. Especially since a $12/hr mall ninja can now hold someone (maybe even cuff them or hold at gunpoint) for shoplifting a pack of bubble gum, while I was under the impression that private people couldn't do anything at all to hold someone who was just witnessed committing murder, rape, etc. But maybe we can, because of the part I made blue, above. Maybe this isn't quite as horrible as we first thought. Then again, I am easily confused, and may have misunderstood this. It's a shame that the laws are rarely ever cut & dried, and in this racket that we call a justice system, we have to pay someone $400/hr to try to work the racket in our favor.

Opinions?

·
Cross-drawer
7,203 Posts
I think the defintion of a private person here is a person working in certain retail operations and in restaurants.

·
PITA
292 Posts
I think the defintion of a private person here is a person working in certain retail operations and in restaurants.
Ahh - probably so. I guess I was seeing what I was hoping to see - meaning just regular people on the street.

I suppose I am back to being quite pissed about this abomination of a law. Odd how you would have a far greater chance of walking, if you shot and killed someone that you caught in the middle of a rape or murder, than you would if you held that person at gunpoint until the cops got there. That is beyond EFFED up.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
Yep. And what about this part?:

96 (c) A private person who detains an individual under this Code section shall either release said individual or, within a reasonable time, contact the law enforcement unit with appropriate jurisdiction. An individual detained by a private person under this Code section who is not released shall be surrendered to a law enforcement officer together with any personal belongings removed from such individual

At first, I was quite pissed to learn that this became law. Especially since a $12/hr mall ninja can now hold someone (maybe even cuff them or hold at gunpoint) for shoplifting a pack of bubble gum, while I was under the impression that private people couldn't do anything at all to hold someone who was just witnessed committing murder, rape, etc. But maybe we can, because of the part I made blue, above. Maybe this isn't quite as horrible as we first thought. Then again, I am easily confused, and may have misunderstood this. It's a shame that the laws are rarely ever cut & dried, and in this racket that we call a justice system, we have to pay someone $400/hr to try to work the racket in our favor.

Opinions?
Lines 77-95 spell out under what conditions you can detain someone.

441 - 460 of 489 Posts