Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
PawPaw x 3
8,818 Posts
Nemo,

and find nobody even commented on the majority of them
So, in a thread about how miserable this site has become, you get posters who are agreeing wholeheartedly with you but yet they did not comment on the majority of your attempts to start gun related discussions and this was on of the main themes of your post.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, in a thread about how miserable this site has become, you get posters who are agreeing wholeheartedly with you but yet they did not comment on the majority of your attempts to start gun related discussions and this was on of the main themes of your post.

View attachment 19190
:LOL: Good point.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
IMO, the decline of GPDO is a direct correlation of the decline of GCO.
Decline in what way? Probably the highest traffic days of this web site were when GCO had many fewer members than does today. Influence? Results? Mission? What do you mean?

·
Cross-drawer
7,375 Posts
Gun related traffic here is highest during the legislative season, but with most of the Republicans being liberals, I can see where there will be further decline of firearm and 2A traffic here. Personally, I am routing for Didymos in 2022.

·
Uninvited Guest
601 Posts
Decline in what way? Probably the highest traffic days of this web site were when GCO had many fewer members than does today. Influence? Results? Mission? What do you mean?
Membership numbers in no way correlate to effectiveness. This site appears to have 9.1k members and has turned in to nothing much more than a bitch-fest for a handful of people, most of which have nothing to do with the site's original intent. There are very few active members now that actually discuss firearms anymore. In it's heyday, pretty much all of GCO's leadership were active here and moderators kept things in check. It was place where attorneys, law enforcement, military, and the common man would present their points of view and have an open discussion about a common interest. A place that encouraged action.
In a similar manner, GCO membership has grown. With that growth it has become less effective. While the mission remains, it has become more passive. GCO made friends in the legislature and those friends worked to get things changed. Now those same 'friends' turn their back on GCO. A loss of influence. Results? None in the past four years. I know, I know: there was a four year dry spell before, and I do hope this one is over, but at this point in the year it will be a five year dry spell if anything occurs in the next session. Finger crossed. But yes, my perception is is a decline.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,264 Posts
Problem is about 6 years ago someone got tired and quit.

See if you can figure out who.

Reactions: hma153

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
This site went from being a cozy place among “club members“ to a corporate site pushing all kinds of flashing gewgaws and pop-ups and advertisements. I don’t come here as much because really it’s posting about fluff that I am not interested in. If there were Georgia firearm and 2A issues presented, I would be here often. But it’s usually an argument among a couple of people about stupid things, I just have better things to do.

Reactions: Archangel

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
And this pop-up, just won’t go away. I no longer sit in front of a computer as my spinal issues require me to use my iPhone more often than that.
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Material property

·
PawPaw x 3
8,818 Posts
It seems more often than not when I log on there will be 7 or 8 new post. At least 4 of them will be about covid and/or conspiracy horse hockey about the tiny robots inside the vaccine. Then it's off to the races to see who can post the latest link to a nutjob spewing their diatribe attempting to keep people from getting the vaccine. If you don't want the vaccine then by all means don't get it. I'm done with covid. I got the vaccine. All of the covid/vaccine should be in one thread instead of spread out in 50.
Somethings I find very comical and ironic

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
AdBlocker works on my phone, when linked into Firefox.

Nemo

·
7 Year Member
419 Posts
I like the current name. I am also a paying member.

We are lucky to have 4 gun forums in GA? ;) I say we are lucky to have this GApacking site that concentrates on GA Gun Laws and other legal issues. JMO.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts