Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any Right To Bear Arms stuff to discuss? No?

Oh, well, then, maybe we should rename the web site or something . . .

Any ideas?

Reactions: Adam5

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
We could name it anti vaccine and dumb conspiracy theories.

Or

Easy ways to twist fact into fiction.

Reactions: Adam5

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
We could name it anti vaccine and dumb conspiracy theories.

Or

Easy ways to twist fact into fiction.
I like the first Seajay!

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
It seems more often than not when I log on there will be 7 or 8 new post. At least 4 of them will be about covid and/or conspiracy horse hockey about the tiny robots inside the vaccine. Then it's off to the races to see who can post the latest link to a nutjob spewing their diatribe attempting to keep people from getting the vaccine. If you don't want the vaccine then by all means don't get it. I'm done with covid. I got the vaccine. All of the covid/vaccine should be in one thread instead of spread out in 50.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
When I logged in this morning the top 5 topics were

1. When pigs are vampires
2. Herschel Walker's wife voted in Georgia
3. 0.2% = deaths of vaccinated in Georgia
4. Covid Vaccine
5. Savage Political Memes

And the latest meme posted is about covid statistics.

Nope! No gun stuff to see here...

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
So do something to correct it.

Nemo

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts

Nemo
Such as??????

OH I KNOW!!!!!

I could post endless stuff from some other state's org that has nothing to do with this state or this state's org. Then I could convince myself that it's actually important to the majority of people in this state. Or maybe I should go to some other states forum and start posting endless stuff about Georgia. I just know the people in Virginia would love the forum flooded with the Georgia stuff. Perhaps that's what I will do.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,401 Posts
Those are all confined to one thread in an attempt to get some folks in Ga to start a little more organizing and informing. Maybe you could get a couple thousand people to Atlanta to get the legislature down there to do some good gun rights legislation.

Might even try to educate the gun rights supporters and gun owners that Georgia Carry exists. Try a little table out front of a gun show. I am confident the organizers of those would be very accommodating to you setting up a recruiting table.

It makes a bit of a difference when lobbying a legislator to be able to say-- I am with VCDL, we currently have 50,000 members, rather than say-- we have 7500 members.

Try it, you might actually find it a bit fun and get some satisfaction out of it. You might be able to do a bit of gun rights expansion down there too.

Nemo

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Those are all confined to one thread in an attempt to get some folks in Ga to start a little more organizing and informing. Maybe you could get a couple thousand people to Atlanta to get the legislature down there to do some good gun rights legislation.

Might even try to educate the gun rights supporters and gun owners that Georgia Carry exists. Try a little table out front of a gun show. I am confident the organizers of those would be very accommodating to you setting up a recruiting table.

It makes a bit of a difference when lobbying a legislator to be able to say-- I am with VCDL, we currently have 50,000 members, rather than say-- we have 7500 members.

Try it, you might actually find it a bit fun and get some satisfaction out of it. You might be able to do a bit of gun rights expansion down there too.

Nemo
If only this represented 90% of your posting, I don’t think seajay would be taking you to task over it. The majority of the “hot” off topic threads have been started by those outside of Georgia and the majority contributions to those threads are by posters outside of Georgia. The fight in Georgia is to make the 2A a nonpartisan issue. For some reason that escapes me, non-Georgia residents are fighting very hard to drive off potential Georgia allies here. I am calling out a recent thread of yours as an example.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nemo
Nemo,

I have tried in the last week or two to add a number of gun related threads. Very little discussion or traction of any kind. I have added as many as half a dozen in one day, to check in the next morning and find nobody even commented on the majority of them, but things are like seajay says in post #7.

I will continue to try. But a discussion forum requires discussion.

Reactions: Archangel

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts
Maybe we should ban out of state people from posting. I have noticed that over the last several months we have had several out of state people post ousting Kemp comments and anti Kemp comments in a lot of the threads. Then they just vanish. One posted no less than 45 anti Kemp post while pretending to be pro gun in one day but has not posted anything else or even logged in since.

Maybe Nemo needs to learn how this forum got it's start... I bet he never started anything but is trying to tell me I should?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
A bigger problem than out of state posters ....
are local posters who have nothing intelligent to say, but just asinine dismissive comments... (that aren't even funny or witty)...
or they only post to attack other people personally, getting ugly.

If people familiar with Georgiapacking.org feel that the audience is made up of idiots and rude child-like developmentally challenged adults,
why would they bother posting a thoughtful gun-related comment with a link to an article or a new story or some legal code and ask others to comment on it?
It's like casting pearls to to swine.
The good and valuable thing you give will likely be trampled underfoot, and then you'll be attacked.
(Matthew 7:6).

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,612 Posts
A bigger problem than out of state posters ....
are local posters who have nothing intelligent to say, but just asinine dismissive comments... (that aren't even funny or witty)...
or they only post to attack other people personally, getting ugly.

If people familiar with Georgiapacking.org feel that the audience is made up of idiots and rude child-like developmentally challenged adults,
why would they bother posting a thoughtful gun-related comment with a link to an article or a new story or some legal code and ask others to comment on it?
It's like casting pearls to to swine.
The good and valuable thing you give will likely be trampled underfoot, and then you'll be attacked.
(Matthew 7:6).

Clarification: We aren't seeing much of the type of that bad behavior now because participation is so low, & limited to a very small handful of members who have pretty thick skin.

But I think the reason we have less participation in general is the atmosphere of Idiocracy that we used to have when there was a higher rate of participation by a greater number of registered users, some of whom were only infrequent posters here.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,260 Posts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts