Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and might read this thinking about your retirement and that other bubble a while back.

Nemo

https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-it-looks-like-a-bubble-and-swims-like-a-bubble-11611496980

If It Looks Like a Bubble and Swims Like a Bubble...
Several parallels between the dot-com bubble and today's stock market are strong

I have been resisting the comparison between the dot-com bubble and today's stock market, but the similarities have grown too strong to ignore. Here are five areas where the parallels are strong, along with one caution about applying the bubble label to the broader market.

Exponential growth in the price of story stocks
Anything connected to electric vehicles or clean energy has gone ballistic in the past few months. Electric-car maker Tesla TSLA 0.20% is the most obvious example, becoming the fifth-largest U.S. company by value after rising eightfold last year. This year so far, it has added $134 billion to its market capitalization, far more than the $78 billion it was worth at the start of 2020.

continued

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,012 Posts
From the title of this thread I thought this would be about the chimpanzee formally owned by Michael Jackson-- his precious pet Bubbles. A male chimp that Michael Jackson would bathe, with and sleep with.

In the early 1990's Michael Jackson was happiest when he had some quiet time in the hot tub, blowing bubbles.

PS: The chimp, Bubbles, is still alive, and nearly 40 years old. He is not anybody's pet but one of several wild-behaving and potentially dangerous apes that lives in a primate sanctuary.

Reactions: blind_shake

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was starting this I wondered if anyone would remember/comment on that chimp. I figured if someone did, it would be you.

You win the banana prize for today.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,012 Posts
I want Miss Chiquita to deliver
my prize personally.

18EC2F2F-F89D-4B27-BD3F-3B8BB42B0120.jpeg

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She can make sure that banana is ripened in the certain way for you too.

Nemo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts