Reloading for shot guns

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by galvatron, Sep 30, 2010.

1. galvatron

galvatron Member

Any suggestions for press? Auto indexing, progressives only. I'm looking for a press, which is odd because I can count the number of shells I've fired on one hand.

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Why do you need a progressive press (or any shotshell reloading setup for that matter) if you have so little experience with a shotgun?

Anyway, I've come to find that the MEC presses are some of the best made.
    I've got the MEC SizeMaster. I don't shoot enough shotgun to justify a progressive. Only reason I got into reloading shotshells was because the specific shells I need for some hunting situations have become hard to find and expensive nowadays (#2 lead shot, 12 gauge).

3. galvatron

galvatron Member

If I commit to spending the money on a press, I'm going to do it once. Not a huge fan of upgrading later.

4. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

5. galvatron

galvatron Member

Not that I'm loaded or anything, but when it comes to buying tools price really isn't a consideration. Quality, reliabilty, and support are far more important than price.

6. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I just started working with a couple of MEC presses that I bought from another forum member. For the money and the very limited amount of shells I use every year, they (MEC) would be my choice.

If you want higher end gear, check out this post from the Brian Enos forum (it's a competition shooter board)
    http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85585

Regular Joe, I've got a couple of set up questins if you've got the time. I'll type them up and send a PM later today.

Jay

7. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

I answered your PM. But, I'm not familiar with a single stage. You can call MEC too, they will help you too.