Regal 24 in Chamblee-Off duty Dekalb LEO

Discussion in 'LEO Encounters' started by MINDCRIME518, Dec 31, 2010.

1. MINDCRIME518

MINDCRIME518 New Member

This is the 2nd time I have had an encounter at this theatre. First time went well...This time..could have been better.

Im by the concession stand:

Him-"Sir"
    Me-Yes?
    Him-"You need to cover that up" (I was OC'ing my Glock 26 in a blackhawk serpa)
    Me-Why does it matter? If I put my shirt over it, you will obviously still see I am carrying
    Him-Theatre Managment prefers this.
    Me-When did this change? I have OC'd before and never a problem
    Him-This has always been this way

Needless to say, I should not have been told how to carry and I did not want to walk out at that point because I had my tickets and I wanted to see True Grit. My date even told me lets just go see the movie.

Definitely not happy and probably wont go back to this theatre after this.

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I would want to carry there.
    That complex spooks me - only one way for cars to get in / out
    The smallest problem could trap everyone

I can think of several great movie plots involving the place

3. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

I have mixed opinions on this one. You were not asked to leave.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

So, a movie is more valuable than your principles, and you didn't even ask the security guard what would happen if you didn't cover it up. :-k

[​IMG]

5. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

There is not much I would put above my principles now but when I was single the chance that I may get laid if I play my cards right sure made my principles....um, flexible at times.....YMMV :lol:

As far as the encounter.....what if you had just said "no" when he asked you to (or told you) to cover it up?

6. Suprman

Suprman New Member

Tread Lightly at Regal 24!

a couple years back me and my friends were arrested for disorderly conduct there for breaking a movie theater rule and no laws. the over zealous security is off duty dekalb police.

had to spend a night in jail with real criminals, get bailed out, waste time in court while the judge dismissed the charges as being "ridiculous."

this was before I started carrying and learning about my rights.

7. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

Sometime wife/girlfriend anger > personal principles

Just sayin'

I have no doubt if he had been there by himself he would have taken it further.

Pick your battles carefully. :righton:

8. seereus

seereus Active Member

I personally don't see a big deal here.

Their house, their rules.

9. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

I agree.... it is their private property ... He could have ask you leave and it appears he was being very curtious to you.... I would have said " No Problem sir" and went about my way.....

10. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

Sometimes nookie trumps principles :righton:

11. JMan

JMan New Member

Amen brother !

12. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

fixed that for you.

13. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

"Sometimes"?????? :lol:

14. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

so much so that i call it "the conquest".

15. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Trapped? Are you tethered to your car? If the parking lot was jammed up and I felt threatened, I'm kinda thinking' my feet would get some action. Heck, there's a large wooded area right behind the theatre that would make excellent cover and make it easy to get lost.

I do agree with carrying there, but then again I carry everywhere that's legal. ;)

Az

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:rotfl2: Ohh man, it took me a minute to clean all the coffee off my keyboard! :D

17. EJR914

And not just when you're single! If mama ain't happy, you ain't getting any nookie, either! :rotfl2: You guys crack me up. Hilarious.

I would even go so far as to say nookie always trumps principles. No matter how poor you are, no matter how bad your life is going right now, no matter what your horrible circumstances... if you can get nookie... all is good. :righton:

18. EJR914

To add to this, their private property, their rules for the moment. I think its just good you were not asked to leave.

If I'm there with my wife, and she is dying to see a movie, tickets are bought, ect... if I walk out, I will be sleeping in the dog house. No nookie. No thanks! :lol:

Making the wife happy pretty much always comes first! Principles play second fiddle to the wife and my nookie!

19. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Not to mention, violating my principles bothers me for a short period of time.....pissing off the wife lasts forever!!! :cantsay:

20. niadhf

niadhf New Member

On a semi-unrelated note. How was the True Grit remake?