Refuse To Be A Victim, Saturday 10/9 @ 10AM in Sandy Springs

Discussion in 'Training' started by latter_day_hippie, Oct 1, 2010.

1. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

In or near Sandy Springs on Saturday, October 9th with no plans? Come learn something that could save your life! Please join me for Refuse To Be A Victim(R), a nationaly-recognized crime prevention seminar designed to help you secure your home, protect yourself and your family and life your life without fear.

This class, being hosted by recently-opened Sandy Springs Gun Club, is offered for just $10 per participant (the cost of the participant materials and facility). There are only 30 seats available, so please register early. Hope to see you there!

For location, details and registration information, please visit http://www.novictims-atlanta.info/2010/10/01/sandy-springs-gun-club-offers-refuse-to-be-a-victimr/

Please note this class will take place in a training room inside of a cold range. Management does not permit customer firearms to be loaded except on the firing line. The instructor also requests that firearms, even unloaded, be carried concealed rather than openly while in the class. Thanks!

2. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

Plan on being there with my wife and son. :righton:

3. higabyte

higabyte New Member

A little off topic, sorry... But I thought I saw a previous post saying Sandy Springs allowed open carry? Or was that for a special event or something?

And what age is "older children/teenagers"? Would there be any issues if I brought my 9 y/o son with me? I won't be able to make it to this particular class tomorrow, just thinking about future classes.

4. latter_day_hippie

My understanding is that Sandy Springs Gun Club allows customers to carry holstered pistols so long as the slide is locked back and the magwell empty.

As the course instructor and for reasons discussed to death in the announcement of a previous RTBAV seminar I led, I ask that firearms (even unloaded) not be carried openly in the class. That is my personal policy when I lead these seminars and not reflective or representative of SSGC's policy.

With regard to children, very little of the content (if any) is designed for or useful to younger children or early teens. While I know there are a great many exceptionally well-behaved and patient younger children and early teens out there, I generally ask participants not bring them$ along so everyone (including their parents) can focus on the seminar.

There is an optional module of RTBAV which can be included in some seminars that coaches parents on how to talk about safety with their children (toddlers to college students).

5. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

Matt did a great job :righton:

He's a skilled public speaker and its obvious that he's very passionate about the subject matter. We left feeling safer and better prepared than when we arrived.

My wife, son and I got a lot out of it and will be recommending the course to our freinds and family.

6. PaintTheSkyGrey

PaintTheSkyGrey Member

I can't believe I missed this!

Do you know of any future plans to hold classes at the new range? I just went there a few weeks ago and it's a pretty nice facility.

7. fiwit

fiwit New Member

One of these days, these classes will be held when I'm available to attend :)

8. latter_day_hippie

Paint, call Sandy Springs Gun Range and speak with Arlene. She is their point person on getting this set up and is a fine RTBAV instructor. We probably will team-teach the next couple of seminars at the range.

Fiwit, why not take control over when the seminar is offered. I teach this seminar for no cost except for the mandatory student materials (around $5 per person) as a community service for houses of worship, neighborhood associations, PTAs and the like that can provide a venue and line up at least twenty four participants. Visit No Victims for more information and to download the SAFE Refuse To Be A Victim(R) Seminar Co-Sponsorship Guide.