Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often, maybe once every two months, I have this dream during which I am in a shoot out. Sometimes it is in my home other times it is in a store but none the less there is one constant. I can't or have a very hard time pulling the trigger on the pistol I am carrying. It is always a double action only pistol.

Just figured I'd share... :screwy:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
It means you need to take your gun to a gunsmith for a trigger job. :p

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I started a thread like this about a year ago and it seemed everyone had some variation of this dream.

Most of the time my shots either fall before they reach the BG or simply have no effect. I have also had the sticky trigger version.

Edit: Here's the older thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41101

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've had the same dream. Not sure how a Freudian would interpret, but I bet it would have something to do with fear of impotence, being powerless.

When I awake from these dreams I load up with snap caps and dry fire until my heart is content.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That is why I never sleep with my gun near me within arm's reach. The hard trigger pull in your dream is you flexing your finger as if using a real trigger.

At night, keep the gun to where you would need to be awake before using it. :lol:

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
I've had a similar dream several times. I can't seem to get the trigger to either.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've had it a few times where the trigger is so hard to pull when the gun goes off I've pulled it so far off target, it misses.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I always make the shot no problem, but then popular opinion turns against me somehow and it ends with impending trouble.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had one or two where the gun won't fire, but the most common one I have is that I either go to draw my gun and the holster is empty, or I go to open my nightstand and the gun is gone, or go to open the gunsafe and it is empty. In the dream I always need the gun to protect myself, but they are always missing.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Ga_Regul8r said:
I've had it a few times where the trigger is so hard to pull when the gun goes off I've pulled it so far off target, it misses.
I've had this dream several times. It really makes me want to get more training, just wish i could afford it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Too funny, I have had similar dreams. It seems like any time I'm in a dream and I need to shoot my gun, I'm unable to pull the trigger hard enough to get it to fire. Also been a time or two when I racked the slide and it flew off the front of the frame. :lol:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Greetings,

Everyone ran slow, had a hard time to get up or stand up, to pull a trigger or to squeeze hard something in dreams. It is due to the sleep paralysis that is induced to our body. Cats do not experience sleep paralysis like us. It is why they jump, run and bang themselves everywhere while they dream.

I am one of the lucky one that can pre-program his dreams before going to sleep. I am having my own horror or actions movies all night. There is nothing more extraordinary than flying a whole night or jumping for 100 feet while running without feeling exhaustion or hunting zombies with your favorite machine gun (and the ammo does not cost a dime!!!). The bad thing about that: you talk while you sleep. Good for me I have nothing bad to hide to my wife...hehehehehe

Thank you

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
kestak said:
Greetings,

Everyone ran slow, had a hard time to get up or stand up, to pull a trigger or to squeeze hard something in dreams. It is due to the sleep paralysis that is induced to our body. Cats do not experience sleep paralysis like us. It is why they jump, run and bang themselves everywhere while they dream.

I am one of the lucky one that can pre-program his dreams before going to sleep. I am having my own horror or actions movies all night. There is nothing more extraordinary than flying a whole night or jumping for 100 feet while running without feeling exhaustion or hunting zombies with your favorite machine gun (and the ammo does not cost a dime!!!). The bad thing about that: you talk while you sleep. Good for me I have nothing bad to hide to my wife...hehehehehe

Thank you
It is called, INCEPTION. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
mygunstoo said:
kestak said:
Greetings,

Thank you
It is called, INCEPTION. :twisted:
BRAAAAAAAAAAHHHMMMM!!

http://geeksofdoom.com/2010/10/29/10-si ... on-button/

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the same dream sometimes... usually a quick trip to the range seems to fix the dream... it is like a little internal reminder I need to practice. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts