Recommendation when pulling chamber is an issue

Discussion in 'Women with Firearms' started by Alfadude, Jul 7, 2020.

1. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

You absolutely can go too light on wolf springs. I did that on a go 100. Don’t remember the poundage, but single action was fine with double action generating the light strikes. You don’t get as large of a swing in DA as SA.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I have the lightest Wolf mainspring in my GP100 and never have a problem with light strikes. What ammo were you using? I have heard some of the foreign made ammo at one time had hard primers that would not detonate without a heavy strike. I think the brand was S&B but I am not going to swear to it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I have to admit that that was the first time I have ever heard it stated like that. :mrgreen:

TimBob likes this.
  4. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

american eagle .38 spl. Only happened in DA

5. rae_shoots

rae_shoots Keep Calm and Carry

Love my Glock 26.... even though I have no trouble with racking the slide I've seen the suggestion to use a push pull method.... sort of like, the left hand on top of the slide pulls back and the right hand on the grip pushes, so the left hand isn't trying to do all the work. Don't know if that will help or not and whether or not you can picture it but it should be somewhere online if you google it :D

TimBob, DonT and Phil1979 like this.