Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone needs to update the reciprocity map on page one at least to reflect South Carolina's long awaited reciprocity with Georgia.

There may be other changes warranted, as well, like Virginia dropping their reciprocity with Georgia.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
Va recognizes Ga. And about every other state that issues.

Nemo

·
American
3,289 Posts
VA did a flip flop on the reciprocity thing. Terry McAulliff flip-flopped on the CCW reciprocity decision by AG Herring, and even gave up some additional ground.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VA did a flip flop on the reciprocity thing. Terry McAulliff flip-flopped on the CCW reciprocity decision by AG Herring, and even gave up some additional ground.
I was just about to say "not any more".

In fact it appears Gary Slider may be a member here. He usually checks in about once a month to another forum I'm a member of and updates all the changes.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
Virginia still recognizes Ga as I understand the policy VSP lists as of right now. Either way, I do purely open carry up here now anyway so it matters not.

Va recognizes Ga but Ga may not recognize Va.

Nemo

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Reciprocity and Recognition
Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit Reciprocity and Recognition
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2016 the holder of a valid concealed handgun or concealed weapon permit or license issued by another state1may carry a concealed handgun in Virginia provided:

1. the holder of such permit or license is at least 21 years of age; and
  2. the permit or license holder carries a photo identification issued by a government agency of any state or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of State; and
  3. the holder displays the permit or license and such identification upon demand by a law-enforcement officer; and
  4. the permit or license holder has not previously had a Virginia concealed handgun permit revoked.
Although the new law requires Virginia to grant recognition to all states that issue permits, those states may not authorize Virginia permit holders to possess a firearm in their state.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Why isn't Nebraska decorated with the Commie Hammer and Sickle like the other No Go Zones?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,156 Posts
CoffeeMate can you note the reasons for the differences in your posted maps.

Nemo

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts