Received my CGO gear today, but......

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by larz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. larz

larz Member

I got my CGO gear (t-shirt/sweatshirt) today which included a Licence Plate Frame. However, when I went to install it I noticed that it covers up the county and more importantly the registration sticker w/date. Not good.....I'll just use it as a paperweight. :evil:

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

This has been noticed before. I believe that member used it on the front of his truck with a plate from another org he supports. I have seen frames that cover up the stickers before, I guess it would just depend on the officer if you got pulled over or not. Does anyone know if it would even be "ticketible"?

3. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

I've never been ticketed or even gotten a warnign for my plate frame. And I get pulled over for "no tag light" all the time.

Which is hilarious because my tag lights work perfectly fine, and every time I get pulled over I have to tell the officer "Well see you can't see my tag light, because your headlights are brighter and washing them out." I guess it's because my tag lights are yellow not white.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Most license plate covers cover up this stuff, from what I've seen.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Covering up the decals - month, year, and/or county (unless a specialty tag with no county sticker) - is a ticketable offense. Depending on the officer, might let it go with only a warning. However, this is one of the things that can get you pulled over if they just want to "check you out". Usually, to be sure and cover their own @$$#$, if they pull you over for that and do find something else they will ticket this too - since it was what they originally pulled you over for. If they don't find anything else wrong and you aren't a pecker to them, they will likely just give you a warning. Just my :2cents: observation from the ride-alongs I have been on (with 3 different departments, so I don't think this is just something one department does).

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That is the law.

7. larz

larz Member

Maybe I could get my Dremel out and make some modifications......

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Unless someone else has a more relevant code citation, this is what I was able to find.