Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CGO gear (t-shirt/sweatshirt) today which included a Licence Plate Frame. However, when I went to install it I noticed that it covers up the county and more importantly the registration sticker w/date. Not good.....I'll just use it as a paperweight. :evil:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
larz said:
I got my CGO gear (t-shirt/sweatshirt) today which included a Licence Plate Frame. However, when I went to install it I noticed that it covers up the county and more importantly the registration sticker w/date. Not good.....I'll just use it as a paperweight. :evil:
This has been noticed before. I believe that member used it on the front of his truck with a plate from another org he supports. I have seen frames that cover up the stickers before, I guess it would just depend on the officer if you got pulled over or not. Does anyone know if it would even be "ticketible"?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I've never been ticketed or even gotten a warnign for my plate frame. And I get pulled over for "no tag light" all the time.

Which is hilarious because my tag lights work perfectly fine, and every time I get pulled over I have to tell the officer "Well see you can't see my tag light, because your headlights are brighter and washing them out." I guess it's because my tag lights are yellow not white.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Covering up the decals - month, year, and/or county (unless a specialty tag with no county sticker) - is a ticketable offense. Depending on the officer, might let it go with only a warning. However, this is one of the things that can get you pulled over if they just want to "check you out". Usually, to be sure and cover their own @$$#$, if they pull you over for that and do find something else they will ticket this too - since it was what they originally pulled you over for. If they don't find anything else wrong and you aren't a pecker to them, they will likely just give you a warning. Just my :2cents: observation from the ride-alongs I have been on (with 3 different departments, so I don't think this is just something one department does).

·
Super Moderator
69,893 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Covering up the decals - month, year, and/or county (unless a specialty tag with no county sticker) - is a ticketable offense.
That is the law.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I could get my Dremel out and make some modifications......

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
O.C.G.A. § 40-2-41. Display of license plates

Unless otherwise permitted under this chapter, every vehicle required to be registered under this chapter, which is in use upon the highways, shall at all times display the license plate issued to the owner for such vehicle, and the plate shall be fastened to the rear of the vehicle in a position so as not to swing and shall be at all times plainly visible. No person shall display on the rear of a motor vehicle any temporary or permanent plate or tag not issued by the State of Georgia which is intended to resemble a license plate which is issued by the State of Georgia. The commissioner is authorized to adopt rules and regulations so as to permit the display of a license plate on the front of certain vehicles. It shall be the duty of the operator of any vehicle to keep the license plate legible at all times. No license plate shall be covered with any material unless the material is colorless and transparent. No apparatus that obstructs or hinders the clear display and legibility of a license plate shall be attached to the rear of any motor vehicle required to be registered in the state. Any person who violates any provision of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.Emphasis added
Unless someone else has a more relevant code citation, this is what I was able to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts