Real example of why the PG law sucks.....

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by GAGunOwner, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yep, it sucks alright.

I was laughing about the "same ancestry" comment. It took me a while to figure out what the euphemism was. I was thinking, "The people in the Pizza Hut only date people that are related?" :lol:

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is a damn shame. I was raised to not see color, so when I came down to Ga Southern and heard people refer to black people as niggers it really got under my skin. At first I thought they were joking or something...then I realized they meant what they said. :? I don't hang out with those guys anymore.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Only at the ones in Alabama and West Virginia... :lol:

4. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

I admit it took me a second to figure out the ancestry comment as well.

It seems to me that some of these laws were written to have you not carry in the places where you might potentially need it most. A restaurant where you are not drinking but someone else has had too many ......, a quiet, secluded rest stop where someone is hiding in wait...., a state park where an animal such as a bear shows up (grew up near where the bear attacked the family in 2006 in TN) or someone is preying on people.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I think a handgun round (well maybe not the .454) would just piss a bear off :D

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I routinely knock bears down for annual exams and you would be suprised the amount of drug it takes to get them asleep. I agree the .45 would piss it off unless very well placed.

7. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

(maybe for those wimpy 9 mm rounds. hehe. jk. could not help it.)

I would tend to agree, but from what I heard regarding this case, the bear took off when someone shot at it but missed it on a couple of occasions. Either way it sure beats trying to fight it off hand to hand or just watching it while your child is in its mouth.

8. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Well Mr. GaGunOwner, I dated a girl of different ancestry for 3 years once, loved her dearly. She was from Trinidad, I was, and still am, polish and italian (easy with the jokes you's).

We ended up breaking up because she couldn't handle the racism.
    That really bothered me, and still does to this day.

I loved her, and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, obeying the precepts of the church, raising a family, being one in the same with her in the eyes of our Lord and Saviour.

Our love was pure and eternal, our hearts, torn by the anguish of others, propelled apart, never to unite again, never.

The last I heard, she was grief srticken, dancing in some seedy cabana bar for tips, and adoration of sweaty strangers. Her dreams crushed...

Thank God for poloroids! :lol:[/quote]

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

The Public Gathering law is ridiculous. The probates are nice enough to print the 'law' on the back of your GFL, but it doesn't touch on the 'parking lot' issue, the 'MARTA hijacking issue', nor does it go into detail on the "but not limited to" verbeage.

If I ever get busted I'm going to use my GFL as Exhibit #1 in my defense.

NC, and if I'm not mistaken, NM both have bills currently in their legislature to remove the prohibition on carry where alcohol is "SOLD". We're like one of threee states yet the other two seem to be moving forward :(

Edit: It's HB 831 in NC and HB 588 in New Mexico. We need one!

10. Taler

Taler New Member

Way back... in 1959 or 1960, I had a grade school teacher, Mrs. Rawson, who introduced us to "CHS." She was pragmatic in the way she taught us, being a Quaker lady, and in her expectation of us.

"CHS", she said, "stands for 'Common Horse Sense', and some people don't employ it." She was talking about our local city council... I can't remember the topic, but I remember her application of the derogatory to this day.

While the lack of "CHS" seems to apply to many, the most glaring examples continue to be elected officials and bureaucrats, IMO.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

OK, I am curious even if nobody else is.

12. Taler

Taler New Member

Apparently, her strong right hands stuns them, making it easier to inject them with drugs.

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Wow! This explains the bumper sticker she has on her truck!

[​IMG]

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Do you ever do this just south of Warner Robins?