Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on a popular website. This happened, probably in the DeKalb area judging from where the guy lives. He almost certainly was riding MARTA. And yes, I actually know the guy who wrote this. He has no idea I'm posting this here. He's a good guy, I'm glad he is okay.

Here's what he wrote:

9:52am Today (April 15th, 2007)
So I woke up around 7AM yesterday to try and hit up the bus to go to work, and as I'm waiting for it a guy slips behind me while my headphones are blasting (what else is new) and smacks me in the back left of my head with a handgun of some type (relatively small, but definitely not a plastic pop gun). The guy proceeds to demand my money from me, and somehow I end up wrestling with this guy, my only thought is to get behind the gun rather than stay in front of it. The dude is not happy about this, and he's getting pissed as I'm trying to maintain a defensive position, when the gun goes off and the guy drops it. We end up separating, and as he goes for it I kick it under a bush and start to make a dash for it. I go up one station, get on the bus, and get the hell out of there.

Now I'm alive after this went down, and I ended up missing the last night of... because of the lump on my noggin, but I'm alive, and the cat who tried to mess with me may be limping around Atlanta somewhere right now, wishing he hadn't messed with me.

Some notes: A) my head is like a piece of ultra condensed rock, it may take a smack, but it usually remains in tact. B) What the f***? and C) I'm just happy to be alive...and if it was a karmic hammer smacking my head for doing some shit, I got a fresh slate to work with now, and I'm gonna make the best of it...

·
68,657 Posts
mzmtg said:
I don't believe that story for a second. Guns are banned at bus stops.
:rotfl:
Seriously, though, did he make a police report? Or did he simply flee, leaving a loaded gun on the ground for this criminal, another criminal, or a curious and discipline deprived child to find?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Seriously, though, did he make a police report? Or did he simply flee, leaving a loaded gun on the ground for this criminal, another criminal, or a curious and discipline deprived child to find?
Update: He's fine. The perp actually shot himself in the leg during their scuffle. A police report was filed. The cops looked for the gun but could not find it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
mzmtg said:
MZMTG is right.....impossible

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
mzmtg said:
I know, right?

I mean, if they're banned, then NO ONE is possibly ever going to carry one.

Because criminals abide by the laws and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts