Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Read this in another forum. Open Carry of an Ak47 at Mall

7K views 254 replies 38 participants last post by  Archangel 
#1 ·
Another member on another forum posted his girlfriend was working at the mall today and noticed a man walking in open carry an AK-47 ! I thought this was odd, so did others, has anyone heard anything about this ?

#2 ·
I don't see a issue completely legal unless someone (manage of the mall ) tells him to leave he is fine.

#8 ·
JeF4y said:
other than "because the law says so", why would anyone do this? Serious question...
why not is the better question? The person is obviously expressing his right to carry, and if he is that bold and he wants to go that route more power to the man. Ak is a little flashy for my taste, but I have no reason to down the man at all. @#$ if he wants he can carry a rocket launcher as long as its legal to do so. Americans need to learn that not everyone carrying a weapon is a criminal, even if they're toting around a AK-47. People need to train themselves to learn to pay attention to their surroundings, and to pay attention to body behavior. Is the person removing the gun from his shoulder? Is he swinging it around carelessly? Is he angry and annoyed at something?

As far as you know, its a airsoft rifle being taking in for repairs or to play on the airsoft field inside the mall. Discovery Mills now has a military scenario range inside the mall. Kids and parents running around with 100% replicas of military arsenal that has a small orange tip on the end. I watched a kid carry in a M1919 replica with a tripod, shoots 800 pellets a minute. Wanna talk about an head turner. that 15 year old had EVERYONES attention including mine, I stood at the glass window for an hour to see him play with it.

#11 ·
DJGibb said:
To those select trolls - this is my opinion; get over it.
Then you should have said "Just because I can, does not mean I should/will."

Example: I think it is useless to carry anything under a 9mm when you have the choice...Thus I do not carry anything under a 9mm. I am not ever going to say what anyone else (except my wife) SHOULD carry.

#12 ·
TippinTaco said:
why not is the better question?
I don't know. Appropriateness I guess? And of course, I realize that is judgemental and subjective. Read on to get to my point.

The person is obviously expressing his right to carry, and if he is that bold and he wants to go that route more power to the man. Ak is a little flashy for my taste, but I have no reason to down the man at all. @#$ if he wants he can carry a rocket launcher as long as its legal to do so. Americans need to learn that not everyone carrying a weapon is a criminal, even if they're toting around a AK-47. People need to train themselves to learn to pay attention to their surroundings, and to pay attention to body behavior. Is the person removing the gun from his shoulder? Is he swinging it around carelessly? Is he angry and annoyed at something?
So you're totally onboard with WBC, KKK, Arian brotherhood when their activities don't break the law?(specifically exclude those activities that are illegal)

Again, I understand that this is legal and he "can" do it. I'm just wondering why, other than to be a giant "LOOK AT ME" attention-w***re, anyone would do this. To me it doesn't support gun rights or educate people. It turns you into a giant tool.

#13 ·
JeF4y said:
So you're totally onboard with WBC, KKK, Arian brotherhood when their activities don't break the law?(specifically exclude those activities that are illegal)
Absolutely. I may not agree, but they have the right. I also think fat women should not wear spandex, but I am not asking to make it illegal, or telling them they are idiots for dressing like that.

#14 ·
DJGibb said:
Just because you can, does not mean you should.

To those select trolls - this is my opinion; get over it.
You seem to have a preternaturally high expectation that people care enough about your opinion that they would object. Of course, we both know you said that merely to troll a response, don't we?

#16 ·
The timing of this post suggests it is this one - -
Man on security camera triggers manhunt

So, what now "Just because you CAN carry an umbrella at a shopping mall, doesn't mean you SHOULD"?
:?

#17 ·
You are correct that I have come to expect certain people on GPDO to go bananas over particular subjects when people don't bend to their will or ideals. Apparently rights involving the 2A trump ones right to a personal opinion. You are either with them, or against them. No grey areas. No ability to say, "Well - we can agree to disagree". No, instead if you post something outside of their train of thought they relentlessly try to belittle you into submission. Try to talk down to you in an attempt to "show you the error of your ways".

These people are disgusting and hope one day they join the list of banned users. Some on this list had over 3000 posts and I'll be happy when some other "regulars" join that list.

#18 ·
Fallschirmjäger said:
The timing of this post suggests it is this one - -
Man on security camera triggers manhunt

So, what now "Just because you CAN carry an umbrella at a shopping mall, doesn't mean you SHOULD"?
:?
Sounds like a bunch of anti(s)stirring the pot to me.
What a bunch O fools

#21 ·
This is my opinion on the subject -

I feel that actions such as the AK carrier's do more harm than help to our cause. It is definitely way outside of the norms of society. I have used the following as a similar example before. Would you be wary of someone walking around the McDonald's play area carrying a 1911 in their hand, not holstered, while you watched your children or grandchildren play? I know I would. Why though, it's perfectly legal? Common sense maybe?

#23 ·
Morgan said:
JeF4y said:
I'm just wondering why, other than to be a giant "LOOK AT ME" attention-w***re, anyone would do this. To me it doesn't support gun rights or educate people. It turns you into a giant tool.
This.
I doubt it "turned" him into a giant tool. I suspect he already was.

Kind of like the guy who wanted to hold a "AR-15" party around the state capitol on the eve of an important gun rights legislative vote. It doesn't take a genius to determine whether action such as that harms or helps our cause.

#24 ·
DJGibb said:
You are correct that I have come to expect certain people on GPDO to go bananas over particular subjects when people don't bend to their will or ideals. Apparently rights involving the 2A trump ones right to a personal opinion. You are either with them, or against them. No grey areas. No ability to say, "Well - we can agree to disagree". No, instead if you post something outside of their train of thought they relentlessly try to belittle you into submission. Try to talk down to you in an attempt to "show you the error of your ways".

These people are disgusting and hope one day they join the list of banned users. Some on this list had over 3000 posts and I'll be happy when some other "regulars" join that list.
You seem to be pro2A UNLESS YOU don't like what the law is.

#25 ·
It's 100% completely legal for me to fart in public. No law against it. Not even at work in my boss' office or while having dinner in a crowded restaurant full of fine dining customers. Or at church while the whole auditorium is silently listening to a guy leading a prayer.

And before you tell me I am comparing apples to oranges, let me state that loud farting is a form of self-expression and arguably protected as free "speech" under the First Amendment as my constitutional right to fart in public.

So, does that mean I should fart loudly and openly in public?

#26 ·
Nullifier said:
So, does that mean I should fart loudly and openly in public?
If more of us would do it more often, even go out of our way to work one up and let it rip even when we really don't need to, then society will eventually be forced to come to terms with it and accept us farting loudly in public. That seems to be the logic of some. :shock:

Of course the more likely outcome is that the anti-farters would gain enough support for legislation to make illegal the open farting in public places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.