Read this if you're still waiting for your GFL after 60 days

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by ICP_Juggalo, May 19, 2006.

1. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Originally posted by USMC - Retired

PLEASE READ! VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

I just spoke with a gentleman at the NRA Legal Defense Council. THE NRA WANTS TO HELP MAKE THE PROBATE COURTS OBEY THE LAW!
    But they need information from us to make this happen. If you have been a victim of the probate courts refusal to issue within 60 days please take a few minutes to describe your situation and email it to the following address with "Attention NRA General Council - subject Georgia Concealed Carry" in the subject line. The email address is nracrdf@nrahq.org you can also fax a letter if you wish to (707)267-3985. Please take a bit of your time to make this happen, with the NRA backing our play we may be able to fix this now!

MP, Given your gift in legal matters, could you produce a letter to send to the NRA on this with excerpts from the applicable statutes?

GS1, Could you find a way to ensure as many members as possible see this, perhaps an email?

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

This is for anyone who has had to wait more than 60 days no matter if they have thier license now or not. The NRA is planning a possible class action lawsuit so you may actually see some form of damages awarded. No promisses though....

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

4. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

I waited 11.5 weeks, but i have no clue what to say to them. There's nothing more to say other than it took eleven weeks.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Just let them know that you're one of the many Georgians who was not served in accordance with the law. That's about all they need to know.

The more names and personal experiences they hear, the more likely they are to get involved.

6. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

I just noticed that the thread title says "if you are still waiting for your GFL". I have had mine for a couple years, so i guess i need not apply (?).

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Read the second post in this thread.

8. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

NRA

I have sent an email with my info! :lol:

9. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

i sent an e-mail and got back a really long form return letter about what qualifies for legal assistance form them... so not sure of how much it will do.

10. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

U89-21 : GS1 has it! It is on this site, if I can find it . . .

12. Malum Prohibitum

13. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

That opinion doesn't really deal with the 60 day limit at all.

Damn.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Hey, man, you ordered the cheeseburger, and you got a cheeseburger. You cannot now be heard to complain that a cheesburger is not Filet Mignon.

:D

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

16. Malum Prohibitum

Come on, GS1, don't kick him while he's down! :lol: That's like rubbing salt in the wound!

He was looking for an AG opinion that licenses "must" be issued prior to 60 days expiring . . .

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Oh, then ignore that. :wink:

18. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Good point.

Unfortunately, they get to live in the gray areas while we have to follow the letter of the laws (mmm...mixed metaphors)

19. Recon4Life2

Recon4Life2 New Member

GC 16-11-129

Says that GCIC as 50 days to get back to the courts, and no later then 60 days..the Judge shall issue the license. I just e-mailed my information.. :evil: :banghead: