! READ THIS BRIEF on County Parks and State Law!

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:D
    I thought this deserving of its own thread. Thomas Jefferson, gun bans, Georgia firearms license holder, and state preemption law all rolled up into 25 readable pages in a brief available at this link.

This was filed today.

I am curious to see Coweta County's response, as it continues steadfastly its fight to maintain its gun ban.

By the way, the document you are looking for is called brief in support of motion for summary judgment. It is the last document when you get to the list. The other relevant pleadings are there, too, for anybody wishing to read them.[/i]

2. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Read this yesterday. Now that's some schoolin'.

Likely response: That makes us unhappy and we might cry. What about the children?

3. Malum Prohibitum

All GCO members and prospective GCO members should read the brief, as it gives some (additional) indication of what you are supporting. That is, not just the positions (yeah, GCO is pro- "right to keep and bear ams" :) ) but the quality of the effort.

Print it out.

Read.

Tell friends, acquaintances, relatives, and anybody who will listen.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Took the time to read it and I thought it was a very well written brief. Makes me proud to be a Plantiff! :D
    I guess Coweta County just thought that if they ignored GCO they would go away.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Don't they all? :D

[​IMG]

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I really hope someone at the Gwinnett's County Attorney's Office is reading this stuff. I would hate for them to look like idots too. :wink:

7. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

All the Coweta "officials" that participated in this farce resulting in a significant waste of taxpayer dollars should be tarred, feathered, and run out of town. :twisted:

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Fot a while Lee County looked like they were just gonna ingore us till we went away. Then they woke up and realised we wern't giving up.

9. Malum Prohibitum

It is now the second post on that link in the original post, above. You'll know you are reading the correct one if you read 25 pages of sledgehammer effectiveness.

The first post is now a short blurb about how GCO is turning up the heat in the litigation.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Not only should they pay GCO's attorney fees, they should also pay for "pain and suffering". I think about $2.5m would do nicely!

11. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Why not $65m, like the judge in DC for the pants.

12. wwomack

wwomack New Member

I just finished reading the brief and I'm impressed. High quality work.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That was a very well written brief JRM. Good job!

14. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I wouldn't have mentioned GCO's other projects in the footnotes, but I'm not a lawyer.

15. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I do not deserve much credit for the content, but I'm sure the compliment will be appreciated by those that do. :wink:

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Whomever wrote that, they did a very eloquent job.

17. Taler

Taler New Member

The eloquent Sledghammer, JRM.

18. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They're probably feeling like they got hit by a brick after reading that brief.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Well . . . . I never! [-(