Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may go under one of the "Dumbest Post Ever" categories, but here goes:

After receiving my GFL recently (Fulton County, less than 2 months, not bad!), I noticed that it is laminated in a lopsided way. It is also about 1/4 inch too long on one side. Before I cut it or have it relaminated, has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to mess up or malign the card- or, worse yet, invalidate it. :eek: :oops:

If it is advisable, I'd also love to hear ideas :idea: on where to get it re-laminated, if possible.

At its present size, it is a PITA to carry in my wallet (won't even fit in my usual money clip with pocket)- but hey, maybe I'm not supposed to carry it in my wallet after all (especially with wallets getting stolen sometimes)..
:evil:

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
welcome to the site.

I had to trim mine, I do not advise relaminating or trying to take it apart. I would just trim the edges so it will fit. I wouldnt trim them to close to the actual card. Only trim what is necessary to fit in your wallet.

Oh yeah and never leave home without it. Its da law......

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
The lamination on mine came undone about 4 months in.

I called the probate court, they told me I could re-do it myself or bring it in and they'd do it, free of charge.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. I will trim for now. The idea of having a Scotch laminator is kinda nice, though. I already have a P-touch labeler for my dozens of manila file folders (from my schoolteaching and now my law school days), and that thing is incredibly useful. It also means I can find ANY file very quickly, because all are alphabetized and clearly labeled.

·
68,964 Posts
If it is too large for your wallet: Clip it under your CCW badge and wear it on your belt.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,864 Posts
Kinkos does a good job laminating and only charges a buck or two. A few years ago my wife and I had some business cards laminated, for use as luggage tags.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Jmark said:
BTW a Scotch laminator is only $25 at Walmart.
Can't you just buy the adhesive laminating sheets? I don't know anything about it and if those are any good.
Don't know about the self-sticking ones. Didn't quite trust them with my Form 4. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Be careful that all you do is relaminate it...

(g) Alteration or counterfeiting of license; penalty. A person who deliberately alters or counterfeits such a license card commits a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for a period of not less than one nor more than five years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts