Re-Laminating a Lopsided GFL/Do you Carry it in Wallet?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Basic_Black, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Basic_Black

Basic_Black New Member

This may go under one of the "Dumbest Post Ever" categories, but here goes:

After receiving my GFL recently (Fulton County, less than 2 months, not bad!), I noticed that it is laminated in a lopsided way. It is also about 1/4 inch too long on one side. Before I cut it or have it relaminated, has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to mess up or malign the card- or, worse yet, invalidate it. :eek: :oops:

If it is advisable, I'd also love to hear ideas :idea: on where to get it re-laminated, if possible.

At its present size, it is a PITA to carry in my wallet (won't even fit in my usual money clip with pocket)- but hey, maybe I'm not supposed to carry it in my wallet after all (especially with wallets getting stolen sometimes)..
    :evil:

Thanks!

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

welcome to the site.

I had to trim mine, I do not advise relaminating or trying to take it apart. I would just trim the edges so it will fit. I wouldnt trim them to close to the actual card. Only trim what is necessary to fit in your wallet.

Oh yeah and never leave home without it. Its da law......

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

The lamination on mine came undone about 4 months in.

I called the probate court, they told me I could re-do it myself or bring it in and they'd do it, free of charge.

4. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

BTW a Scotch laminator is only $25 at Walmart.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Can't you just buy the adhesive laminating sheets? I don't know anything about it and if those are any good.

6. Basic_Black

Basic_Black New Member

Thanks, guys. I will trim for now. The idea of having a Scotch laminator is kinda nice, though. I already have a P-touch labeler for my dozens of manila file folders (from my schoolteaching and now my law school days), and that thing is incredibly useful. It also means I can find ANY file very quickly, because all are alphabetized and clearly labeled.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If it is too large for your wallet: Clip it under your CCW badge and wear it on your belt.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: :lol:

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I'm waiting to hear "YOUR CCW BADGE IS ALL THE PROBABLY CAUSE I NEED"

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Kinkos does a good job laminating and only charges a buck or two. A few years ago my wife and I had some business cards laminated, for use as luggage tags.

11. Kingofatlanta

Kingofatlanta New Member

Yea, I did it at Kinkos as well.

12. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Don't know about the self-sticking ones. Didn't quite trust them with my Form 4. :wink:

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Be careful that all you do is relaminate it...