RBG

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

gunsmoker likes this.
  2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Arguing facts, makes you tired. There's no way to win an argument, especially with a grown up. Some start and stay stupid. That's the only explanation should Biden win.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I have no doubts that Barrett will be confirmed.

I have no doubts that November's election could be contested even if Trump routes Biden in a landslide Electoral College win and it ends up in the Supreme Court.

What chance would Trump have with Ginsburg still on the court?

What chance will Trump have with Barrett on the court?

God has a strange sense of humor. And impeccable timing.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

the only way to remove an Article III judge is by impeachment and conviction. Several federal judges have been removed that way. No supreme court judges have ever been removed that way. Because it is a political process, though, the answer to your question is fairly simple and straightforward, even if unsatisfying. The grounds for removal of a supreme court judge are whatever the House and the Senate think they are. It may not be a very satisfying response, but if the House impeaches and the Senate votes to convict, there is no review of their actions. It's done.

5. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

Look at Barrett.

Now look at Trump.

To what degree do you think Barrett - privately - regards Trump as fit to serve as President of the United States?... it's hard to find two more polar ends of the morality stick.

God's strange sense of humor might not be what you expect.

DH

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If Barrett's moral integrity is that high, why would she accept a Trump nomination in the first place? She'd contradict her own principles.

7. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

ACB's character is such that even if she did think what dhaller projects she thinks, which I do not believe, she would set it aside while rendering her decision.

Savannah Dan likes this.
  8. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

It does not matter what she believes about Trump,what matters is what the Constitution says!

Savannah Dan likes this.
  9. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

That sense of humor is double edged so it may very well not be what you expect.

10. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I must respectfully disagree. Many if not most of Biden supporters are not stupid. They may be ignorant. They have a goal and that goal is to destroy America, American Sovereignty and the Constitution. The really big elitist supporters are globalists and redistributionists of wealth (others not theirs mind you). They are succeeding from what I'm seeing.

atlsrt44 likes this.
  11. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

My neighborhood has several yard signs: "Republican for Biden". I'd call them stupid for not changing parties at least.

12. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

My neighborhood has several yard signs: "Republican for Biden". I'd call them stupid for not changing parties at least.