RBG

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Nov 13, 2019.

1. HJB

HJB Active Member

Like I said gunsmoker....it's called "politics"

Not in the least is what they did, or what they are about to do, anywhere close to "unconstitutional" or "treason" but it's sure going to piss the democrats off !

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Here's the history. And it has nothing to do with violating any oath of office and certainly no act of treason.
    https://pjmedia.com/columns/tyler-o...ring-trumps-potential-rbg-replacement-n944776

TimBob likes this.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Can you post links to those post?

4. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Did someone say it's immoral or illegal? I missed that part.

5. moe mensale

The commies have said, on many occasions, that when they get control of the government they'll stack the Supreme Court with more leftist judges (like Franklin Roosevelt tried) enabling them to pass any legislation they want for decades to come and will all be deemed "Constitutional." I bet Ginsburg thought that was a great idea!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...nounced-democrat-push-to-stack-supreme-court/
    Ahhhhhh........... Oops. :shock:

TimBob likes this.
  6. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

This is exactly why the 9th circuit was so crazy for several decades. The left expanded the circuit ( arguably necessary ) and Caeter promptly packed with young, hard-left judges. It is only recently as that batch ages out that we have been able to bring that court back in like with judicial norms. Imagine that writ large with the Supreme court.

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Senator Ted Cruz makes a great observation that there will likely be litigation before the SCOTUS on the election results, which is why we need a full Court before election day.

The Senate had better get its spineless members on board and ready to confirm President Trump's nomination.

Bkite and TimBob like this.
  8. moe mensale

9. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Outstanding!

10. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

11. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I think it's unlikely a recess appointment would make much difference one way or the other. The court doesn't even get started from its summer break until October, and then it takes a while to issue decisions. And the really BIG stuff doesn't get decided until June.

12. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

How about a contested Presidential Election. Only eight Justices now. Would not a tie go to a Federal Appeals Court some where. The 2000 election was decided on 9Dec 2000. Might be a Hugh issue.

13. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Yes, that's possible

A tie in the supreme court results in no action taken/affirmance of the lower court.

14. moe mensale

Trump announcement tomorrow. Yay! :applause:Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-nominate-amy-coney-barrett-to-supreme-court-sources

15. Hombre

Hombre PITA

News is already saying it is definitely her. Poor gal. I wonder if she knows what she will be in for. I imagine she does.

Those rabid, foaming at the mouth libtards are gonna Kavanaugh her up one side of the street, and down the other. Just because. Just because that's just what they do. Their heads are spinning like Beetlejuice.

16. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

whats not to like,48,Catholic,7 kids including an adopted daughter from Hattie .what will they accuse her of in the senate that will not come back to bite them

17. Hombre

Hombre PITA

I'm not saying that I don't like her as a choice, or that she isn't a good choice. I am just pointing out the fact that the rabid, foaming at the mouth libtards with Beetlejuice spinning heads will pull something out of their asses and drag her poor self through the coals over something stupid.

Because that is just what they do. Especially in these times. They don't know what else to do.