Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Rate your risk

2K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  GAGunOwner 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Beaten -11

Murdered -39 damn, I guess she was right... I am paranoid

Burglary -33 this apartment complex has some kickass security, that's one of the reasons I moved here.

#15 ·
budder said:

I'm surprised my chance of getting beaten is so high. I call bullshit on the test!
Me too. There was no "Are you a Marine?" question that would automatically reduce my risk to zero and put the bad guys at 100!

:twisted:

#16 ·
USMC - Retired said:
budder said:

I'm surprised my chance of getting beaten is so high. I call bullshit on the test!
Me too. There was no "Are you a Marine?" question that would automatically reduce my risk to zero and put the bad guys at 100!

:twisted:
And you can't forget the important follow up question: "Do you have a log handy?"

#18 ·
ptsmith24 said:
gsusnake said:
this apartment complex has some kickass security, that's one of the reasons I moved here.
Care to elaborate?
Garden District.

I'm in a studio, which is ground floor, but has a steel core door to make up for it.

Also has an alarm system built in (emergency button on the wall) plus the alarms I have. I bought a cheap stick-up alarm that beeps when the magnets lose contact, and I have one of those $10 intrusion alarms they sell at airports and hotels with the big bells on it that hangs from the back of the door.

Plus I mounted a holster inside the cabinet that my bed folds away in so when I sleep, it's right next to me.

#19 ·
gsusnake said:
ptsmith24 said:
gsusnake said:
this apartment complex has some kickass security, that's one of the reasons I moved here.
Care to elaborate?
Garden District.

I'm in a studio, which is ground floor, but has a steel core door to make up for it.

Also has an alarm system built in (emergency button on the wall) plus the alarms I have. I bought a cheap stick-up alarm that beeps when the magnets lose contact, and I have one of those $10 intrusion alarms they sell at airports and hotels with the big bells on it that hangs from the back of the door.

Plus I mounted a holster inside the cabinet that my bed folds away in so when I sleep, it's right next to me.
I thought you were in campus club for some reason... Maybe you just had a story on here one time about visiting. Because I was a little skeptical about "security" if you were talking about campus club.

#24 ·

Like The Gunns, I'm not sure I agree with the rating.

OK, maybe the first one that said BGs were in more danger from me than I from them...

But, the break-in risk is fairly high. We are close to two busy roads and commercial areas. There are many, many worker type people coming and going with regularity and the houses are definitely not designed to repel intruders... However, we have a fairly high percentage of stay-at-home moms.

Looking at our sub-division, I might agree we're vulnerable to break-ins, except there's never been one. At least not in at least five years or so. Maybe it's all those stay-at-home moms... Or, it may have something to do with the unusually high police presence.

The cops do seem to cruise thru here fairly often, which I'm sure is totally unrelated to the two city council members who live in the sub-division......... :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.