Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was another sunny and hot day at the Sheriff’s outdoor range; I was shooting Remington white box ammo. The photos are in the order that the targets were shot.
Photo 1: Seven shots at right between the eyes, and eight shots at the heart at 3 yds. I was using a two-handed, strong-hand grip, and shooting with both eyes open. I wasn’t moving.
Photo 2: I would draw my firearm from my IWB holster (first range trip with the new Bianchi Model 100 Professional), and from under a cover garment, while stepping either to the right or the left. I fired one shot each time, using the two-handed, strong-hand grip, at 3 yds.
Photo 3: Five shots at right between the eyes at 7 yds. I was using the two-handed, strong-hand grip, and shooting with both eyes open. I wasn’t moving.
Photo 4: I was drawing my firearm while stepping either to the right or the left. I would fire two quick shots “from the hipâ€, strong-hand only, and then one shot at the head, using the two-handed, strong-hand grip, at 3 yds.
Photo 5: Three shots at 3 yds. I was using the two-handed, strong-hand grip, and shooting with only my right eye open. I wasn’t moving.
Photo 6: Three shots at 7 yds. Everything else was the same as in Photo 5.
Photo 7: Bullseye at 7 yds!
Photo 8: I finished off the magazine at 7 yds. I wish I could say that the three shots in a line inside the 10 circle where on purpose, but I can’t.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
How do you like the trigger? Particularly the single action shots? Also how is the takedown for maintenance in your opinion?

I've been contemplating between a P226 and a P229 for over a year now. I just want something with a good length barrel and a DA/SA trigger.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like the trigger? Particularly the single action shots?
I like it! I've attached photos showing the trigger position at double-action, single-action, and then with the "slack" taken up (approximately 1/8" travel). I also have the SRT (short reset trigger) feature on my gun.

Also how is the takedown for maintenance in your opinion?
Very simple. Lock back the slide, rotate the takedown lever, release the slide and remove.

I've been contemplating between a P226 and a P229 for over a year now. I just want something with a good length barrel and a DA/SA trigger.
What would be its primary function? If you're not concerned about size and weight in an EDC, then I'd say get the P226. However, that being said, I love my P229. It is my EDC, and my only handgun at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thank you! Very informative and useful pics.

It would be my OC EDC. My P250 compact would be my go to for any concealment.

The P226/P229 would be my go to when I get into more scenario based shooting practice such as IDPA and the like. I just know I want something DA/SA after using this DAO trigger for so long. And I've heard only good of both the P226 and P229.

Though the P229 would be easier to conceal should I end up liking it enough to use it as my full time OC/CC gun.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
The old p229s are probably one of the top 10 semi concealable handguns ever designed. Obviously for battle/OC there is the p226.

Glad to see you like.

I love the durability, the weight, ergonomics, and accuracy.

Phenomenon weapon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I love my P229 immensely. I've bought and sold a few guns over the years, but the P229 is the only one I ever really missed. I originally sold one to a forum member here to fund a P320C, and after a year and a half sold the P320C to grab a P229 at the LGS at an outstanding price.

Whether you go P229 or P226, you'll be satisfied. I've owned and carried both, and there isn't a great difference between them other than a little length.

Once I can save some money I'll likely send mine in to have an Action Enhancement Package done, which lightens and smooths out the trigger without voiding the factory warranty.

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
My first Sig was a P239 in .40 (still have it). Bought it some company (P229 also .40) from a forum guy - it looked great but I did not field strip it before doing the deal which was a mistake.

Looked like it had been cleaned real well at one time and then run completely dry for a while.... anyway, it is still tight and after some lube it shoots good as new.

These are my two favorite Sigs with my P225 a close third.

Value for dollar, my SP2022 has 'em all beat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts