Range for pistol AND shotgun??

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by ffej, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ffej

ffej New Member

I am considering adding a shotgun for home defense. I have never had the opportunity to fire a shotgun. I will not own a shotgun unless I can find a place to practice and become familiar with it. The problem is I live in the Augusta area, and there are no ranges near here that I know of that allow shotgun target shooting - to test shot patterns, etc. There is a skeet/trap range in the area, but they do not allow any other form of shotgun practice. I figure it might look stupid to shoot trap with a tactical shotgun :oops: !
    Does anyone know of a range around Augusta (maybe 60 mile radius) that would fill my needs.
    Does anyone maybe live around Augusta and have several acres of land that you practice on? Maybe we can meet up some weekend?
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks!

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. ffej

ffej New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I see one in Burke County which would be the closest to me. I'll call them.
    BTW - great site. Thank you for all your hard work maintaining it.

4. RIPNITZ

RIPNITZ New Member

Hey ffej, I live in Evans (Columbia County ) and I have a really good friend that has enough room for alot of people to shoot on. and ponds as well, so good fishing too. But anywho, if you are looking for someone to shoot with, or somewhere to shoot, send me a pm and we'll get together and do some target practice. Redneck style. :lol: :D

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

6. RIPNITZ

RIPNITZ New Member

Bumping for ffej. Has anyone seen him?????? :D :roll:

7. ffej

ffej New Member

Ripnitz,
    I think I sent you a pm the other day regarding meeting up to shoot.
    Let me now if you got it.

8. RIPNITZ

RIPNITZ New Member

Hey ffej, no I didnt get the pm. It says I have no new messages. :( you can try my email if you want. BrianBoyd339@gmail.com :D

9. ffej

ffej New Member

Email sent.
    Thanks.

10. RIPNITZ

RIPNITZ New Member

And I replied to your email. :righton: :cheers:

Take care buddy!
    ~ Brian ~