·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Senior Mumbler
6,516 Posts
Hock25 said:
WESTBURY, N.Y. -- Police say a man carrying a hunting knife crept up behind an 8-year-old boy playing a video game in a New York restaurant and plunged a 4-inch blade into his back five times.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/25339499/detail.html
Please let this man get the death penalty (does NY have death?) . Also, please let all his cell mates know exactly what he did to get there.

·
Luggage Killer
786 Posts
phantoms said:
Hock25 said:
WESTBURY, N.Y. -- Police say a man carrying a hunting knife crept up behind an 8-year-old boy playing a video game in a New York restaurant and plunged a 4-inch blade into his back five times.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/25339499/detail.html
Please let this man get the death penalty (does NY have death?) . Also, please let all his cell mates know exactly what he did to get there.
:x :x :x From Wiki:
Death penalty statute declared unconstitutional (New York Court of Appeals declared statute unconstitutional June 24, 2004)
No one executed since 1976

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
phantoms said:
Well, if you let all his cell mates know why he's there, the death penalty may still be applied. :sly:
I am sure they will be waiting for his arrival. Inmates can get email now. (even I was surprised by that one).

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
The kid didn't die. The article says he's expected to recover.
Therfore, the U.S. Supreme Court would never allow the stabber to get the death sentence.
The death penalty cannot be applied to any crime other than murder, and on top of that it has to be murder with special circumstances that make it extra-horrible, beyond a regular murder.

This is NOT the America I want to live in.
Somebody who does this, once it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt, needs to get the death penalty.
Ditto for somebody who robs the liquor store and ties up the clerk and shoots him in the back twice, but the clerk survives.
Or the guy who hijacks a bus, rapes a girl on the bus, then shoots the bus driver in the head, then crashes the bus into a police roadblock and has a shoot-out with the cops. If both he and the brain-damaged bus driver survive, thanks to a miracle from above or the miracles of modern medicine, should this human turd be allowed to suck air for another minute longer than necessary?
Snuff him as soon as his guilt is proven.

Do it regularly. Do it often. Make it the standard penalty for any attempted and nearly-successful murder.

But the greater minds of the legal world say that we have an evolving constitution that has evolved past the point of putting mad dogs to sleep.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
Oh, and that insanity defense? I'd abolish it. Insanity would only be a defense if the main reason for the death penalty was retribution-- pure punishment.
But I say that people who would stab an innocent 8 year old boy in the back several times with a hunting knife cannot be trusted to live out the rest of their natural lives in any institution.
They are too dangerous to guards and other inmates who may be there for less-serious offenses.
They need to be put down like a rabid dog, for the same reasons as we shoot rabid dogs.
It's not the dog's fault he contracted rabies and went mad--- but for the good of the rest of us, the dog has to die.
Ditto for the mentally ill who are also this kind of dangerous. Too bad, so sad, sorry your brain isn't wired like it should be, but take this Kool-aid and everything will be okay in a minute.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
phantoms said:
Well, if you let all his cell mates know why he's there, the death penalty may still be applied. :sly:
I am sure they will know !!!!

They all find out why you are in there!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Oh, and that insanity defense? I'd abolish it. Insanity would only be a defense if the main reason for the death penalty was retribution-- pure punishment.
But I say that people who would stab an innocent 8 year old boy in the back several times with a hunting knife cannot be trusted to live out the rest of their natural lives in any institution.
They are too dangerous to guards and other inmates who may be there for less-serious offenses.
They need to be put down like a rabid dog, for the same reasons as we shoot rabid dogs.
It's not the dog's fault he contracted rabies and went mad--- but for the good of the rest of us, the dog has to die.
Ditto for the mentally ill who are also this kind of dangerous. Too bad, so sad, sorry your brain isn't wired like it should be, but take this Kool-aid and everything will be okay in a minute.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
doesn't matter what type of knife it is, or the reason it happened. The fact is a grown man stabbed a 8 year old boy in the back with a knife multiple times, in an attempt to kill him. More than once obviously shows the intent to kill. Our politicians are @#[email protected]#[email protected]$ up this country, the people we elect are @#[email protected]#[email protected]#$ up this country, and we're letting them @#[email protected]#[email protected]#$ up this country. Screw all these ding bats who claim inhumane in referencing the DP. Why wasn't it inhumane when this person commited such a horrible crime.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
gunsmoker said:
The kid didn't die. The article says he's expected to recover.
Therfore, the U.S. Supreme Court would never allow the stabber to get the death sentence.
The death penalty cannot be applied to any crime other than murder, and on top of that it has to be murder with special circumstances that make it extra-horrible, beyond a regular murder.

This is NOT the America I want to live in.
Somebody who does this, once it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt, needs to get the death penalty.
Ditto for somebody who robs the liquor store and ties up the clerk and shoots him in the back twice, but the clerk survives.
Or the guy who hijacks a bus, rapes a girl on the bus, then shoots the bus driver in the head, then crashes the bus into a police roadblock and has a shoot-out with the cops. If both he and the brain-damaged bus driver survive, thanks to a miracle from above or the miracles of modern medicine, should this human turd be allowed to suck air for another minute longer than necessary?
Snuff him as soon as his guilt is proven.

Do it regularly. Do it often. Make it the standard penalty for any attempted and nearly-successful murder.

But the greater minds of the legal world say that we have an evolving constitution that has evolved past the point of putting mad dogs to sleep.
Training issue. No one like this should survive a police shootout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts