Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some rounds through my new HK P30sk and Ruger LC9s Pro this afternoon, as well as my 9mm American Classic 1911. I've had the 1911 for a while, but put new micarta grips on it and wanted to get a feel for them.

The two new guns both ran like tops with Blazer brass 115gr fmj, Atlanta Arms 115gr FMJ, and Barnes TacX JHP (my carry ammo of choice). The 1911 ran flawless, as usual.

The trigger on both new were nice. The double action was a little stiff on the HK, but the single action was wonderful. I ran about 25 rounds while decocking for each to get used to the DA.

The target below was only at five yards, but I wanted to get used to the new guns. I will move further out on my next range visit. The pic below is the first 25 rounds each through the new guns.

Building Triangle Red Symmetry Pattern

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Smells like victory!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,349 Posts
I've had the 1911 for a while, but put new micarta grips on it and wanted to get a feel for them.
You realize if you purchase a new to you shooting iron ( or plastic nowadays) or do more than adjust sights or something and don't make it go boom in the first few days from purchase/adjustment it will consider itself unloved and unappreciated and put a jinx on you so it never quite gets proper for you.

Gotta treat them right and love them so they will love you back.

Nemo

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's always a good idea to give a new firearm a quick inspection before firing. I haven"t found anything beyond dust and lint from packaging, but things do sometimes get miseed. At least do a quick field strip.

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
I've been interested in a 9mm 1911... how do you like it?

I of course like 45 and... 38 Super is a mighty boss, 10mm being the king boom of all normal 1911s (the real kind would of course be a Coonan 1911 in .357MAG !), but wonder how the 9mm stacks up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.