ran into a "secret service" guy

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by patrick4588, Nov 20, 2010.

1. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Guy brung up a conversation with me while I was carrying, and told me he was secret service. He was wearing his concealed permit badge (lol) that apparently geoergia issues with your concealed permit. Hahaha. He was about 30lbs overweight and definitely was a mall ninja! He also gave a good story about how he normally carries a machine gun mac11 and has killed 2 ppl.

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

And how refreshing it is to know that there are nut jobs like that out there, fueling the anti-2A crowds' gun control motivations.

Or... maybe he really was a Secret Service agent on the Treasury side and was deep under cover, pretending to be a 'local gun nut' in an attempt to infiltrate the notorious Georgia Militia movement that is printing millions of dollars in fake US currency in an attempt to overthrow the Federal Government as part of a diabolical scheme to be able to buy suppressors without a federal tax stamp...

Yeah - probably just a nut job. Priest is right: Run Away!

3. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Them ain't no fake US currency.... they is good solid confederate dollars son.... :lol:

4. ABC3

ABC3 Member

I doubt this guy was an agent with the Secret Service. 30# overweight, CC badge, killed 2 people & carries a machine gun.

My neighbor, across the street, is a Special Agent with the Secret Service and nothing at all about him resembles the above guy. He's been on two Presidential details and in our many conversations he says he's never pulled his gun exept to qual. You would think he was a Banker.

The guy around the corner is an agent with the FBI and the same quite, polite manner.

These guys don't go around talking trash.

5. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Or have a concealed permit badge! Hahahaha. And just offer up that info to any stranger. Hey nice glock, I work secret service, carry a mac11.... lol!

6. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Did Captain lardo escape? I thought he was in custody. Did you engage him at all?

7. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

It couldn't have been Captain lardo...this guy was only 30# overweight.

8. mpc

mpc New Member

At what point does impersonating a Federal officer kick in? Is saying that you are one sufficient, or does one have to act within the color of the law? Regardless, it would have been interesting if you had gotten on the cell phone to confirm his identity. I'll bet he would've turned white and walked away.

9. ABC3

ABC3 Member

No action is necessary - just saying it, if not true, will land you in major hot water.

10. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

Courtesy of Atlanta Cutlery...

[​IMG]

11. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

That badge is unconstitutional. How dare it fly the Seal?

12. fausty

fausty Member

I actually had to work with the Secret Service recently, and rest assured that so long as you're not carrying around their paticular detail, they don't give a rats :censored: about CC/OC, places off limits or anything like that.

13. JMan

JMan New Member

:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

14. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Where in the Constitution does it say I "can't" have the seal of the United States on something? Did I miss something while reading the Constitution? Is that in the original text or in one of the amendments? Please enlighten my ignorance.

15. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'm sure not all of them carry this, but I thought Secret Service agents carried Sigs, usually a P229 if I'm not mistaken. At least that is what I have read elsewhere. I honestly don't know.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Last time I ran into the Secret Service they were carrying Uzi SMG's in a shoulder-hung rig under their suit jackets. Probably carrying something newer now. This was mid-90's at a hospital in south Ga, some of Jimmy Carter's detail on duty at the hospital. Interesting guys. Very focused on the job, not much for small talk. They just stood and visually scanned the hallways for hours, like robots. Some of the medical staff found this a bit creepy, but I guess being robot-like is part of a job like that?

17. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

That's correct, in 357SIG no less.

18. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I believe that's called vigilance and professionalism.

19. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

Yea, but it's still creepy when you are around it for a few minutes.