Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With regard to open carry, this case had a lot of 4th Amendment parallels.

City reaches settlement with Atlanta Eagle bar
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/city-re ... 66125.html

"It's unfortunate we need a federal judge to make our police department follow the law," Grossman said at a news conference announcing the suit, filed on behalf of 19 Eagle patrons against the city, former Police Chief Richard Pennington and 48 of his officers, including members of the department's Red Dog unit. "Since [police] don't think they did something wrong they're going to do it again."
No charges were filed against any of the 62 patrons forced to lie down on the bar floor during the raid
Pennington said the patrons were "frisked" for the officers' safety.
No search warrant was served.

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
yea I also heard they were set to possibly get a million dollar settlement. Now if gun owners who get their rights violated would make a stand like that, it MIGHT get the police's attention and get them to respect ALL citizens rights!! Till then, business as usual for the popo.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
chainsaw123 said:
yea I also heard they were set to possibly get a million dollar settlement. Now if gun owners who get their rights violated would make a stand like that, it MIGHT get the police's attention and get them to respect ALL citizens rights!! Till then, business as usual for the popo.
The reason that's unlikely to work is that many, if not most, firearms owners are not members of a protected class, and even if they were, as the issue at-hand would have nothing to do with that particular class identity, they wouldn't have nearly the same kind of leverage.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Melissa5 said:
Not as far as discrimination on the job. At least not in Georgia.
I believe there have been efforts to add "sexual preference" as a protected class, but so far as I know it has always faced fierce opposition from the conservatives and has never been accomplished.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
48 cops over a bj at a gay bar? 48! That's full retard man. 1 was enough. Then a full lay down of the entire bar? Safety? At a gay bar? Way full retard. :screwy:
That's just insane.

I guess the purse on a queen was 'intimidating'.

·
Swollen Member
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
livesounder said:
chainsaw123 said:
The reason that's unlikely to work is that many, if not most, firearms owners are not members of a protected class, and even if they were, as the issue at-hand would have nothing to do with that particular class identity, they wouldn't have nearly the same kind of leverage.
:-k

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
mb90535im said:
Melissa5 said:
I believe there have been efforts to add "sexual preference" as a protected class, but so far as I know it has always faced fierce opposition from the conservatives and has never been accomplished.
Why should they be anymore protected than me? just asking.

Slammy

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
chainsaw123 said:
+1 as well as the TSA

·
16,485 Posts
slammy said:
mb90535im said:
Melissa5 said:

Slammy
Because they're targeted by crazy bigots and you aren't?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
budder said:
slammy said:
mb90535im said:
Melissa5 said:

Slammy
And lets see I stand on a corner and tell the world what I do behind closed doors....Who cares..really I hope know one!\

Now if you decide to push your thoughts on someone else and they push back thats different...just saying....

Slammy

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
budder said:
slammy said:
mb90535im said:
Melissa5 said:

Slammy
But wait I like guns?

Slammy

·
Registered
385 Posts
Puffyfish said:
48 cops over a bj at a gay bar? 48! That's full retard man. 1 was enough. Then a full lay down of the entire bar? Safety? At a gay bar? Way full retard. :screwy:
That's just insane.
Whatever happened to "One Ranger, one Riot " ?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
budder said:
I bet he is targets by crazy bigots.
DHS, MSNBC, CNN, Et al.

Personally I don't understand how some people are more deserving of the protections of the law than others.

Get in a fight with a guy at a bar and its assault.
Get in a fight with a gay at a bar and its a hate crime.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ashe said:
budder said:
I bet he is targets by crazy bigots.
DHS, MSNBC, CNN, Et al.

Personally I don't understand how some people are more deserving of the protections of the law than others.

Get in a fight with a guy at a bar and its assault.
Get in a fight with a gay at a bar and its a hate crime.
There you go! I don't type well...I could care less what sexual orientation anyone is but some gays have a tendency to shout from the roof tops "Hey I'm gay" and then raise hell when someone Say's anything about "shouting" hope that helped budder.

·
16,485 Posts
Are people attacking you when they see you going to gun shows or open carrying? Ignoring the obvious fact that you do care what sexual orientation someone is, so what if they shout it out? How is that "push your thoughts on someone else" or "stand on a corner and tell the world what I do behind closed doors"?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
nutnless220 said:
Puffyfish said:
That's just insane.
Whatever happened to "One Ranger, one Riot " ?
Best I can figure the UC was freaked out by a bunch of 'hot sweaty men' and called in officer needs help.
Having built about 50 clubs in the metro area in 20 years ( Gay, straight, dance, fetish, strip bars and whatnot) I have never seen a gay man carry a gun except once and he kept it in the office locked in a drawer. It was to protect him when he went to the bank.
So why lay down and entire club and do a 'pat down'? Must of been evil 'illegal' condoms and lube available best as I can figure.

I'm betting no guns were found, not one. It's just not their style to carry a gun into a bar. Drugs maybe, but not guns.
I'll say it again, someone ( a homophobic rookie maybe) went full retard.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts