Race tracks

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Claire, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

I have a friend visiting from up north in the next couple of weeks -- and we were going to bring her to Dixie speedway in Woodstock - but it appears as tho they canceled the rest of the races for this season.

does anyone know if there's other tracks like Dixie speedway around this area? or a bit north?

2. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I think Road Atlanta had the Petit LeMans this weekend, or maybe next weekend, I'm not sure.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Only circle tracks? Not sure.

There is a drag track near Dallas Ga.

http://georgiadragracing.com/articles/s ... ga-fs.html

4. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

There's a dirt oval somewhere in Rome GA. Atlanta Motor Speedway is down in Hampton. Also, Lanier Speedway is a paved oval in Braselton GA, directly across the street from Road Atlanta. Not too sure about any other left turn only tracks or any seasons or schedules.

5. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

In the next couple of weeks? Can you narrow that down a little?

Because the racing season, no matter the vehicle or the sanctioning body, is definitely winding down. Pro motorcycle racing in the US is over, but there are three more 'local' club motorcycle racing events this year that I'm aware of: The Grand Nationals Final at Road Atlanta this coming weekend, the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association is at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Alabama the weekend of the 20th, and MotoST (Pro/Am, actually) will be at Daytona I think either the week of the 15th or the week after that.

Even the various car series' are almost done (except NASCAR I think): Rolex Grand-Am finished at VIR two weeks ago, American LeMans wraps up their series at Monterrey in two weeks, CART has two more races, Australia and Mexico, IRL finished a month ago, World of Outlaws finishes up in Concord, NC the first week of November.

I don't know how many tracks have sanctioned events much past October, unless you're talking about Florida series' that run all year.

Try to find the schedule for Greenville/Pickens Raceway in Greenville, SC. I know Knoxville has a national-caliber facility somewhere, the Outlaws and Sprint cars run there. But it may just be the fairgrounds.

I know, I know... the off-season is really, really long and it sucks. I hate it more and more every year.

6. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

7. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Showin' off? Pffft. Everyone knows WERA racers are faster than CCS racers!

[​IMG]

:neener:

8. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Get your shoulder down, get off the bike, whats the matter? Your body position looks like you just wanna scuff a puck instead of go fast....

:roll:

:popcorn: :neener:

(just pokin fun, dont start crying...)

9. Claire

Claire New Member

thanks for the info folks

looks like we're going to try to go to a UGA game

Boy Racer?? is that you in the pics?

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Why would you do that, when there are so many real football teams in this state?

11. Taler

Taler New Member

I heard, but can't confirm, that Dixie Speedway is for sale, so it may be an extended off season.

12. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Im #187, and I HOPE that #976 isnt boy racer... I personally would never post a pic with horrible body position...

:neener:

:popcorn:

13. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

You look like the guy behind me... LOL
    [​IMG]

14. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

:roll: That body position didn't seem to slow me down on my way to the SE 'D' SB Nov championship last season. #-o But thanks for the tip, I'll try harder. :righton:

:-k You mean the guy about to lap you? :mrgreen:

15. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

LOL, he almost passed me.... A good amount of times, but I have mastered the road block. I had to considering I could run away in the back but in the straights?... nope. Hes on the liter and Im on the 6.

I let him know he wasnt gonna get an easy pass the first time he tried with an elbow to his clip-on. 8)

16. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Hmmm... I cant seem to find a #976 in WERA records :-k
    http://www.wera.com/racers/901-plus.htm

Its as if it doesnt exist :boxing:

:wink:

17. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

976 was my novice number. I was assigned 975 this year as an expert. I plan to request 976 again for 2008 (no guarantee I'll be back in 2008, either, though).