R. Lee Ermey on Self Defense

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Cagleicious, Jan 19, 2011.

1. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

he mentions he doesnt even have 1 in the chamber...interesting on the Israeli carry...

2. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

i noticed that.. wonder if it is a generational thing, or how he was trained?

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Great video, and I've always looked up to that man. He even came out recently and denounced Obama and our government and the way things were headed in this country.

But what was with the Israeli carry and 10 seconds to load a gun to use it? :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

We're I'm from, taking 10 seconds to load a gun to use it, is 10 seconds too long. You can be dead in 10 seconds.

4. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

I agree this caught my attention. Maybe "10 seconds" is a euphemism for PDQ?

5. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

10 seconds is a long time.

6. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

that's what i thought too. so i pulled out the 1911 and ran through some snap caps, i would have to figure i was 1 second max and on target.

This was under no stress also, but still.

7. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

He lives in California...can't carry with one in the chamber.

8. EJR914

Does he really? Hollywood? I mean I know he's an actor, but he could live anywhere, I'm sure. I'd move out to a more freedom loving state if I were him. JMHO. :D

He is a bad butt. Always will be.

9. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

He lives close to MCRD San Diego or 29 Palms, one of the two. He spends about 100 days out of the year, especially during the holidays, traveling to the various military bases and both theaters of operation. Just while he is in Cali he attends about 4 Drill Instructor graduations and a whole bunch of boot camp graduations. He also spends a lot of time hanging out at one of the 2 posts above in their NCO Club, BSing with Marines. Just during the USMC birthday he travels the world every year, Starts off in Japan and travels with the sun so to speak so he can attend the birthday ball with as many marines as possible. According to him his record so far is 13 balls in one year. The man loves his Corps, loves the military and I think he does these things not only because he loves them, but because he can motivate and perhaps bring a sense of joy to Servicemembers when he is around. He is kinda like the Marine Corps and Military in general moral officer....or Morale Sergeant if you will.

10. EJR914

I can see that, he has the ability to motivate me, and I don't even have to be in the same room as that guy. He just makes your heart swell with pride for this country and our military.

11. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

If Gunny really lives in Kalifornia I'm sure that he can obtain a Kalifornia carry permit if he really wants one (he might already have one?).

12. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Thanks for the info Grunt. Makes me even prouder to have met him and shaken his hand.

13. William

William Member

14. T. May

T. May New Member

Mail Call was a great show. His Gieco commercial with him being a therapist is the best!