Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After viewing the song for today thread I figured that we should have a quote of the day thread as well. These may be shooting related, quotes that you actually heard, or just great historical quotes. I was inspired today by a customer while I was at work at Patrick's indoor range. The customer was shooting his Hi-Point .380 which seemed to be jamming every other round. His exact words after getting done on the range.

"[email protected]*#, A Hi-Point just makes for a miserable shooting experience."

To start this thread off right though I want to add a quote from General George S. Patton.

"Never tell a person how to do something, tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority. ~Liz Armbruster

/ HTC Evo + swype + tapatalk \

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
" I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."

-- The Notebook

Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: People who truly loved once are far more likely to love again. Sam, do you think there's someone out there you could love as much as your wife?
Sam Baldwin: Well, Dr. Marcia Fieldstone, that's hard to imagine.
Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: What are you going to do?
Sam Baldwin: Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breath in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breath in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while.
Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?
Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were suppose to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic.

Dennis Reed: Annie, when you're attracted to someone, it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. So what we think of as fate is just two neuroses knowing that they are a perfect match

Jonah Baldwin: If you get a new wife, I guess you'll get to have sex with her, huh?
Sam Baldwin: I certainly hope so.
Jonah Baldwin: Will she scratch up your back?
Sam Baldwin: [shocked] What?
Jonah Baldwin: In the movies, women are always scratching up the men's back and screaming and stuff when they're having sex.
Sam Baldwin: How do you know all this?
Jonah Baldwin: Jed's got cable.
Sam Baldwin: Oh.

///sleepless in seattle

Kathleen Kelly: What will NY152 say today I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

Kathleen Kelly: [in an email to Joe Fox] The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings

///you've got mail

/ HTC Evo + swype + tapatalk \

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
"To die for what you believe in is all well and good but seems to me the vainest of solutions. There is no cause worth dying for that is not better served by the living". Mathurin Kerbouchard

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
Hey y'all, watch this!

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
I would be true, for there are those who trust me; I would be pure,
for there are those who care; I would be strong, for there is much to
suffer; I would be brave, for there is much to dare. - Harold Arnold Walter

·
Registered
163 Posts
"It'll be a great day when schools will be provided with unlimited money and the Air Force will have to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."

"If injury must be done to a man it should be so great that his vengeance need not be feared."

"They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
rather than truth as the authority."
-Gerald Massey

"if you tell a big enough lie, and tell it enough, eventually it will become true." -- Adolf Hitler

It is not always easy to diagnose. The simplest form of stupidity - the mumbling, nose-picking, stolid incomprehension - can be detected by anyone. But the stupidity which disguises itself as thought, and which talks so glibly and eloquently, indeed never stops talking, in every walk of life is not so easy to identify, because it marches under a formidable name, which few dare attack. It is called Popular Opinion...
~Robertson Davies

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.
Karl Marx

I quite enjoy these :)

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.†~Friedrich Nietzsche

?"When guys in camouflage pants and hunting hats sat around in the Four Aces Diner talking about fearsome things done out-of-doors, I would no longer have to feel like such a cupcake. I wanted a little of that swagger that comes with being able to gaze at a far horizon through eyes of chipped granite and say with a slow, manly sniff, “Yeah, I’ve sh*t in the woods.†~ some guy

Remember to keep both feet firmly on the ground when you reach for the stars, or you will die in the cold empty vacuum of space.

·
A Typical Cat
1,743 Posts
?"Unless we periodically step far enough outside our comfort zones to realise when and where our perceptions are orthogonal to reality, we risk becoming mired in the same old, same old. We fall victim to our prejudices, and end up using dated methodologies in support of antiquated design paradigms." ~ The Register UK

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/13 ... _tolerant/

1 - 20 of 118 Posts