Quick question, need help

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by WEM3, Jan 3, 2017.

1. WEM3

WEM3 New Member

So I am going in the morning to get my Carry Permit in Monroe County ( Forsyth ). I have a valid drivers license but I do not have a utility bill in my name. The power bill is under my wife. What else can I bring them to prove my residence? All the other bills are in my name but I don't know if any qualify. Thanks in advance!

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Applications for the WCL are submitted at and issued by the County Probate Court in your county of residence. Documents required are Photo ID and Proof of Residency (a Georgia Drivers License usually covers both requirements, but it may not so check before you go). Call your County Probate Court to find out what they will accept

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

In Gwinnett, all my wife had to show was a drivers license with her current address on it.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yup - same here. Which is ironic as I can change the address on my license w/o showing proof of residence.

5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Have you done it since we added the requirements to have a Yellow Star added to our drivers licenses? And BTW, what government moron decided that a Gold Star on the licenses as special identification was a good idea?

6. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

I believe she got hers in late 2014.

7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The new requirement is MUCH more involved and requires passport or drivers license and birth certificate and then you have to have two utilities, etc. That makes your DL a "real id" for federal purposes. Can anyone say "Papiere, bitte!"

8. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

When they couldn't get a National ID because of the Pushback, they decided to sneak one in under the premise of a Gold Star license.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I can't remember if was pre or post gold star, I want to say pre gold star but I can't say for sure. It does remind me that the address on my GWCL is two addresses old now, but the county hasn't changed.