Questions about FFL

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Mastino177, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

I'm sending my GCO membership, C&R, and IDPA off tomorrow. I'll be joining the NRA on Friday. Yep, I've been a slacker and now I'm a follower...yeah. Anyway, I've been looking on the boards on different forums, etc. for deals on other weapons, but most are FFL only. My biggest question is...how does the FFL work and do I have to pay tax, etc.

With a C&R can I get it mail direct, etc? What about paying taxes? I know this is probably a 'rookie' type of question, but I've always done face to face.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:woohoo:

=D>

\:D/

3. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

So, I'm still confused as to tax, etc. on a purchased firearm either with a C&R or FFL.

Man, now I'm all nervous about this...mainly because if I mess up and forget something like keeping docs in order I could be talking to the feds. I don't plan on selling anything, its just for collecting and maybe giving something to family members. Is that even legal? One thing that has kept me from acting a fool (aka going to jail) is that fact that I'm afraid of being locked-up.

4. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Short answer is an FFL is if you are going to be a dealer of new/current manufacture firearms, C&R is for a collector. There is a list of firearms that are C&R elligible on the ATF's web site.

Chris

5. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

What if I buy from a place out of state, do I still pay sales tax? with a C&R

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You shouldn't have to pay sales tax if it's shipped from outside of GA.

7. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Remember you get a ten buck discount by using the link at the bottom of the page.

8. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

Thanks for pointing that out...kind of a two for one deal...NRA and GCO...$35