Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sending my GCO membership, C&R, and IDPA off tomorrow. I'll be joining the NRA on Friday. Yep, I've been a slacker and now I'm a follower...yeah. Anyway, I've been looking on the boards on different forums, etc. for deals on other weapons, but most are FFL only. My biggest question is...how does the FFL work and do I have to pay tax, etc.

With a C&R can I get it mail direct, etc? What about paying taxes? I know this is probably a 'rookie' type of question, but I've always done face to face.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I'm still confused as to tax, etc. on a purchased firearm either with a C&R or FFL.

Man, now I'm all nervous about this...mainly because if I mess up and forget something like keeping docs in order I could be talking to the feds. I don't plan on selling anything, its just for collecting and maybe giving something to family members. Is that even legal? One thing that has kept me from acting a fool (aka going to jail) is that fact that I'm afraid of being locked-up.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Short answer is an FFL is if you are going to be a dealer of new/current manufacture firearms, C&R is for a collector. There is a list of firearms that are C&R elligible on the ATF's web site.

Chris

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Mastino177 said:
I'll be joining the NRA on Friday. .
Remember you get a ten buck discount by using the link at the bottom of the page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts