Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of you guys know if there is a regulation, law, etc that says how long the VA has to complete a dispute?

2nd question: I already have a pretty good idea that several of the things I am disputing will come back as denied, again. In that case, what next? File another dispute or take it to court? My Med records are pretty clear about the issues that they deny, but they refuse to rate it.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
If it was a disability that you continued to serve with, it proves fitness. In other words, if you had an injury five years ago, but reenlisted, and served beyond that date, there is "presumption of fitness".

Pm me if you like, and I'll try to sort it out. I'm not a lawyer, and I gave up my medical license a few years ago, but I didn't forget everything. :wink:

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, everything I have took place during my last enlistment and put me behind a desk.

·
Uninvited Guest
599 Posts
Dang, another Chairborne Ranger, huh?

:mrgreen: Just kiddin' yah Grunt!

Dont know the answers to your questions. I skipped half my ETS physicals, and have regretted it ever since. Was too worried about getting on terminal leave so I wouldn't miss getting in school.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hma153 said:
Dang, another Chairborne Ranger, huh?

:mrgreen: Just kiddin' yah Grunt!

Dont know the answers to your questions. I skipped half my ETS physicals, and have regretted it ever since. Was too worried about getting on terminal leave so I wouldn't miss getting in school.
I wanted to smash my face against a jagged rock on a daily bases when they stuck me in the shops.

I almost dipped out on physicals. Instead I spent a week straight there to make sure I got every little thing documented.

·
Uninvited Guest
599 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
I wanted to smash my face against a jagged rock on a daily bases when they stuck me in the shops. .....
Yeah, tha'd be one tough pill to swallow, bro. I think I'd have had to try sawing off my fingers with a dull e-tool. Hit up Country and see if he knows anything that'll help or how the process works. Best of luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The VFW has advocates that will walk you though the process and help you out, also the VA in macon has a vet center that only services COMBAT veterans as in people who actually saw combat. Not cooks and finance personel who were deployed as FOB rats,there's probably somthing similar in your area, I used both of these when getting my claim straightened out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts