Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive to work on I95 in NE Florida everyday and pass the weigh station. Why do empty trucks like empty car carriers and flat bed trucks have to stop at weigh stations?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
EVERY commercial vehicle has to pull into a weigh station if it the station is open. They not only weigh the trucks but do visual scans for infractions and many now have license plate readers that can check almost instantly to see if registration/IFTA/stickers etc..are up to date. :roll:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
mathar1 said:
EVERY commercial vehicle has to pull into a weigh station if it the station is open. They not only weigh the trucks but do visual scans for infractions and many now have license plate readers that can check almost instantly to see if registration/IFTA/stickers etc..are up to date. :roll:
:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mathar1 said:
Wow big brother is not only watching, but they are doing it pretty quickly too. I've seen the North Florida weigh station determine what trucks are stopping and which ones are proceeding on in a short amount of time while they are doing 35mph. Technology is incredible. I thought it was all safety, but now I see it is also a way to get revenue.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
fran said:
mathar1 said:
Wow big brother is not only watching, but they are doing it pretty quickly too. I've seen the North Florida weigh station determine what trucks are stopping and which ones are proceeding on in a short amount of time while they are doing 35mph. Technology is incredible. I thought it was all safety, but now I see it is also a way to get revenue.
:righton: It's about 90% money and 10% safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts